Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2022/23 IUFB Offseason News

25 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why do you need to try to dampen some enthusiasm in the program.  We have no idea one way or the other if this class will be different than the past year's. It is the off season so let people have some joy if they like what they see. When the season starts and these players don't work out then there is plenty of time to tell people told you so.

Not being negative against the new additions, being negative against the staff. Like I said these 4 could end up being great players, but I am overly disappointed that the focus seems to be on positional players and not what this team really needs. We have to find an O-line that will allow the QB more than a millisecond to either get rid of the ball or escape the pocket. 

this years team allowed 39 sacks for a loss of 305 yards. Averaged 3.4 yards per carry! Just for comparison, Oregon State, where potential transfer QB Nolan played, allowed 14 sacks for a loss of 103 yards and averaged 4.9 yards per carry this year, 14 sacks for a loss of 114 yards and 5.3 yards per carry the year before. Our numbers for ‘21, 29 sacks for 169 yds and 3.2 yds per carry. Oregon States record the last 2 years 10-3 and 7-6. Ours 4-8 and 2-10.

58 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

Was hoping to see some OL transfers before positional players. The staff has to realize how bad they have been protecting the QB like what seems forever! By the excellent memory on the OS thing, lol.

Not convinced the OL needs anymore transfers after getting the guy from UMass

1 hour ago, reconmkd said:

I guess it really shouldn’t shock me all that much but the social media/media reactions to the new editions has blown me away. It’s almost beyond being gullible. Seriously, yes the additions could prove to be nice but how has there been not any attention given to our biggest priority (not qb). 

I’ve seen Allen digging in his bag of tricks, IU football is back, No need to apologize for getting off….we welcome you back on the #IUFB train.

Christ will this fan base ever learn and stop falling for the hype!

Allen got distracted by a squirrel maybe we get a QB next week. Tom Allen and Tom Crean went to the same school on roster building.

5 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Allen got distracted by a squirrel maybe we get a QB next week. Tom Allen and Tom Crean went to the same school on roster building.

Has Allen resorted to Crean's patented desperation reaches yet?

14 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

But both are better than Archie, in that regard. I mean, at least those coaches actually had good teams. 

25 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

IU trying to get out of the their 3 almost guaranteed losses to UL.

https://www.wdrb.com/sports/source-indiana-asks-louisville-about-canceling-3-game-football-series/article_4424c430-8ed4-11ed-8845-73ae1ab0b15e.html

Edit: saw this was already in another thread.

I dont think they're guaranteed losses, at all, but we need 3 guaranteed wins!

Take the money they are trying to spend on buying out games and spend it on Tom Allen’s buyout, then actually invest in a coach and an assistant coaching staff. Buying out games for us to loose to another power 5 or AAC school is a bad idea.(per big ten rules we need a Power 5 or AAC school on the schedule)

On 1/7/2023 at 4:43 PM, reconmkd said:

Not being negative against the new additions, being negative against the staff. Like I said these 4 could end up being great players, but I am overly disappointed that the focus seems to be on positional players and not what this team really needs. We have to find an O-line that will allow the QB more than a millisecond to either get rid of the ball or escape the pocket. 

this years team allowed 39 sacks for a loss of 305 yards. Averaged 3.4 yards per carry! Just for comparison, Oregon State, where potential transfer QB Nolan played, allowed 14 sacks for a loss of 103 yards and averaged 4.9 yards per carry this year, 14 sacks for a loss of 114 yards and 5.3 yards per carry the year before. Our numbers for ‘21, 29 sacks for 169 yds and 3.2 yds per carry. Oregon States record the last 2 years 10-3 and 7-6. Ours 4-8 and 2-10.

The OL is for sure a major issue for the team and I'm not making excuses here but Oregon State didn't play OSU, Michigan and Penn State. I'd like to see how the Beavers OL handles those three teams. Because those three teams combined accounted for 17 sacks, almost half of the total amount. Competition level of IUFB compared to Oregon State's is far more superior if you're being honest with yourself. But yeah, I get it, the line was awful this year and I would be focusing on that as well if I were calling the shots. 

Let's hope Coach Bostad is able to get that bunch to develop and improve. 

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

The OL is for sure a major issue for the team and I'm not making excuses here but Oregon State didn't play OSU, Michigan and Penn State. I'd like to see how the Beavers OL handles those three teams. Because those three teams combined accounted for 17 sacks, almost half of the total amount. Competition level of IUFB compared to Oregon State's is far more superior if you're being honest with yourself. But yeah, I get it, the line was awful this year and I would be focusing on that as well if I were calling the shots. 

Let's hope Coach Bostad is able to get that bunch to develop and improve. 

Very true that they didn’t play those teams, however, in games against ranked opponents (USC 10th, Oregon 15th, Washington 12th, Utah 8th) OS only allowed 2 sacks. Was just comparing those teams since there is interest from their QB. And I thought that was a fairly decent stat.