Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2022/23 IUFB Offseason News

I bet these dudes will love going 2-10. The Stanford kid is used to sucking so he at least blends in with the culture. 

Wow you having a boring day huh??? No one makes you watch the games so although you think your funny, it’s not… if it puts you in that bad of a mood and you choose to keep doing it then maybe you shouldn’t

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

45 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I bet these dudes will love going 2-10. The Stanford kid is used to sucking so he at least blends in with the culture. 

The team’s had plenty of rough days.

Why the hell you would throw dark shade on a nice day is beyond me.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

The team’s had plenty of rough days.

Why the hell you would throw dark shade on a nice day is beyond me.

The Stanford kid was a backup on a 3-9 team. The Clemson kid had 7 catches for 70 yards in 13 games this season. 9 catches for 66 yards in 8 games in 2021. If that’s our “flat-out home run pickup,” yikes.. And the Wake Forest kid had 516 yards on 4.0 yards per carry. Those are Shaun Shivers numbers. We’re rearranging chairs on the Titanic and still have no one to play QB next year. 

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The Stanford kid was a backup on a 3-9 team. The Clemson kid had 7 catches for 70 yards in 13 games this season. 9 catches for 66 yards in 8 games in 2021. If that’s our “flat-out home run pickup,” yikes.. And the Wake Forest kid had 516 yards on 4.0 yards per carry. Those are Shaun Shivers numbers. We’re rearranging chairs on the Titanic and still have no one to play QB next year. 

The Clemson and Wake Forest kid are clear, upgrades over who we’ve been using.

But that’s not my point. My point is why post about the certain doom and gloom of the program in reaction to us getting those kids. It’s just an excuse to be negative for no reason in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

But that’s not my point. My point is why post about the certain doom and gloom of the program in reaction to us getting those kids. It’s just an excuse to be negative for no reason in my opinion.

Because some of us don’t see them as upgrades, or at the very least, not big enough upgrades for it to matter. What makes the Clemson WR a clear upgrade over DJ Matthews? Matthews had better stats playing in the same conference before coming to IU. Williams has 16 catches for 136 yards and 0 touchdowns over the past two seasons. We used to have receivers who could do that in one game. Fryfogle exceeded that 3 different times in 2020. They were mediocre backups at their prior schools and are now coming to catch passes from worse quarterbacks and run behind worse offensive lines.

20 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not everything is sunshine and rainbows. Being pumped that other teams backups are coming here because they can actually play makes no sense. 

13 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Not everything is sunshine and rainbows. Being pumped that other teams backups are coming here because they can actually play makes no sense. 

Yeah, right.

The post I took exception with was one basically saying “new guys, have fun playing on a 2–10 team.“

Not exactly an assessment of the talent level of the incoming portal transfers

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Interesting pick up.

Massively productive player at a successful small D1 program.

still wondering who the hell is going to be throwing to these guys

Sounds like we might get the QB Nolan from Oregon St. Coming out of high school he was ranked as one of the best pro style QB's

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Sounds like we might get the QB Nolan from Oregon St. Coming out of high school he was ranked as one of the best pro style QB's

If true, that would be really good all things considered.

25 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If true, that would be really good all things considered.

It does nothing to support Allen’s re-found love for the dual threat QB though. Feels like we’re winging things again. 

I understand that there weren’t many (any?) good DT options, but it just highlights how there is never a solid plan for anything other than the next 5 minutes. Maddening. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Don’t think this is going to turn next season around! Before injury this season he threw 7 TDs and 9 Ints with 939 yds. Last season he was 19/10 for 2,677 yds. He has 508 career rushing yards. And this was behind a fairly decent OL. 

29 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

It does nothing to support Allen’s re-found love for the dual threat QB though. Feels like we’re winging things again. 

I understand that there weren’t many (any?) good DT options, but it just highlights how there is never a solid plan for anything other than the next 5 minutes. Maddening. 

Think I read where Nolan had rushed for over 600 yards in his career

4 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

You’re the Oregon State fan right? Any insight into him?

(sorry if I have you confused, I know we have an OSU fan here somewhere)

Lol whoops just saw your post above. Disregard!