Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2022/23 IUFB Offseason News

4 hours ago, TTT said:

Thanks for the correction (spell check on iPhone).  

Actually, my point is I think since realistically who would come to IU or fit IU as next head football coach when or if that time comes (not seeing any successful more high profile coach coming to IU) IU should simply look no further than Western Kentucky.

You brought up Wommack in your previous post and then skipped right over him and went to “look no further than western Kentucky”? 

We talk a lot about limited growth & development across the defense, but Pierre is one of the exceptions to that rule over the past 2-3 seasons.  His maturation has been special, I doubt there is next level potential there - but he will continue to be a serviceable Power 5 contributor. 

29 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

We talk a lot about limited growth & development across the defense, but Pierre is one of the exceptions to that rule over the past 2-3 seasons.  His maturation has been special, I doubt there is next level potential there - but he will continue to be a serviceable Power 5 contributor. 

Serviceable is a good way to put it. I’m not a fan really, but I also don’t think we would’ve replaced him with anyone better. Same with Sanguinetti. 

On 12/13/2022 at 5:51 PM, Hovadipo said:

Hoping we can drop news in here without every piece being about how bad we are tbh. 

But complaining about IU football is what makes me feel alive, man.  I know that sounds stupid, like "why do you care if all you do is *****?", but it makes me feel better about myself cause its how I put up with this program.

2 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

But complaining about IU football is what makes me feel alive, man.  I know that sounds stupid, like "why do you care if all you do is *****?", but it makes me feel better about myself cause its how I put up with this program.

Bitch away. It’s justified lol. I just didn’t think it was totally necessary on a commit we got from a top-tier JUCO program. 

All good. 

35 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Clemson WR transfer on board. Former top-100 guy. 

Had an excellent freshman year at Clemson, including four starts as a freshman(!)

Was a starter for Clemson at the start of his sophomore year.

Thumb surgery early sophomore year and never got his role back.

This seems like a flat-out home run pickup. 

• May be our newly replenished football NIL money at work.
  • Makes me wonder who is going to throw to him - could there be NIL money at work toward that position too?

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Had an excellent freshman year at Clemson, including four starts as a freshman(!)

Was a starter for Clemson at the start of his sophomore year.

Thumb surgery early sophomore year and never got his role back.

• Makes me wonder who is going to throw to him - could there be NIL money at work toward that position too?

The portal QB roster is pretty weak right now. I'm sure there are some wheels turning behind the scenes.

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

The portal QB roster is pretty weak right now. I'm sure there are some wheels turning behind the scenes.

Well we can't go into next season with the entire QB room consisting of Sorsby, Will Jontz, McCauley as a proven 'no' emergency QB, and Dexter Williams on crutches, so something's gotta give. 

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Well we can't go into next season with the entire QB room consisting of Sorsby, Will Jontz, McCauley as a proven 'no' emergency QB, and Dexter Williams on crutches, so something's gotta give. 

first, I agree...

second, I am very excited about Broc Lowery.. not saying this year because obviously he's a true FR.. but I like him. 

16 hours ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

In all seriousness, thank you for putting this in writing and attempting to explain it.  I still don’t get it and never will, why it makes some people feel so good to trash our athletic programs, players, coaches, and athletic directors on a public forum for everyone to see.  To me it isn’t any less gross than the guy who sent the letter to TJD.  You just don’t have to use a stamp and envelope here.  But to each their own, I guess.  And again, truly, thank you for explaining it.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

First bullet point: It is. 

Not so random thought. IUFB still doesn't have enough cash in their collective(s) and the IU athletic department needs to focus on this.