Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2022/23 IUFB Offseason News

33 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

Newsflash:  Other fan bases have been laughing at our football program since long before any of us were born.  You honestly thought that was something new?

Well this is true. But before it was because we sucked. Now it's because we suck and have a clown acting coach. 

9 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Well this is true. But before it was because we sucked. Now it's because we suck and have a clown acting coach. 

Oh puhleeease. 

IU has had some clowns as coaches going waaay back. DiNardo, Corso, Kevin 'concussion' Wilson? There've been some doozies.

At least Tom Allen is a quality human being. Hoping he can get the job done but not liking the odds.

20 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Oh puhleeease. 

IU has had some clowns as coaches going waaay back. DiNardo, Corso, Kevin 'concussion' Wilson? There've been some doozies.

At least Tom Allen is a quality human being. Hoping he can get the job done but not liking the odds.

I don't remember any of them acting as big a clown as Allen does on the sidelines. There is a reason there wasn't ever a threat of him getting poached... Seemed everyone knew he wasn't a good coach. Seems many here got fooled for some reason. 

1 hour ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Maybe you can upgrade that Patriot!  ;)

that's funny, that damn car still only has 59K on it and has had no problems other than routine maintenance; tires, brake pads etc. Almost paid off! That UVA game was fun, when we used to be decent.

4 hours ago, Lebowski said:

That’s interesting man. That’s effin interesting. 

So like trade NIL contracts to other NIL contracts? I’m not sure how that would work unless it’s a collective and I don’t think every school is doing collectives? But I really like the idea of it. 

They should so set up a draft for high school players instead of recruiting them.

I believe CTA is a good man. I'm not going to make fun of him because of the product on the field. I have 60+ years of IU football behind me and most of it is ugly. I remember Corso starting a season talking about how good we were going to look in the new uniforms. We are a crappy program. If past performance really is a predictor of future performance, then we are always going to be a crappy program. It's been my experience. Criticize the product all you want. I'm right there with you. I'm just not comfortable with personal attacks against the people who are trying to do an impossible job.

A HC's team will usually emulate his demeanor. Imo on the sidelines he is lacking in self discipline, gets way too amped and overall seems uncomposed. His team's lack discipline and are often uncomposed. If he was winning we/I wouldn't care but that's not happening so therefore it gets magnified. Part of the gig and he gets compensated a lot of $ to take the heat and the glory. Tail goes with the hyde or something like that.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

A HC's team will usually emulate his demeanor. Imo on the sidelines he is lacking in self discipline, gets way too amped and overall seems uncomposed. His team's lack discipline and are often uncomposed. If he was winning we/I wouldn't care but that's not happening so therefore it gets magnified. Part of the gig and he gets compensated a lot of $ to take the heat and the glory. Tail goes with the hyde or something like that.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I didn’t like it even when we were winning, but it’s easier to look past things like that when you’re winning. Uncomposed is a good way to describe him. 

Jack in the Bean Stalk at tight end, David with his Sling Shot on defense, Andre the Giant for OL, and Thomas Edison at QB and IU football with these 4 recruits…. IU football can win national championship with these 4 players and no other recruits needed.