Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2022/23 IUFB Offseason News

Just now, Rico said:

You are the one chanting LEO.

Right. I care about other people. Sorry lol 

This convo is absurd. 

perfectly fine to not care for his coaching... mocking the man because he actually stands for something shows incredible weakness on your part. 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

This convo is absurd. 

perfectly fine to not care for his coaching... mocking the man because he actually stands for something shows incredible weakness on your part. 

C'mon man.

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

This convo is absurd. 

His job is to win. Not chant stupid mantras that mean nothing. He isn't getting paid to be a cheerleader. He tried for a gimmick to help recruit and create a culture, it's not worked. It's completely failed him. 

3 minutes ago, Rico said:

C'mon man.

Our fanbase mocks Tom Allen/Tom Crean and applauds Bob Knight.. and at the same time claims to be so holy. It's funny to read. To each their own. 

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

His job is to win. Not chant stupid mantras that mean nothing. He isn't getting paid to be a cheerleader. He tried for a gimmick to help recruit and create a culture, it's not worked. It's completely failed him. 

Create culture? yeah, he's done that.. unquestionably. 

Recruit? He gave us our best recruiting class ever. 

Failed him? Umm... I wouldn't consider being a B1G HC a failure. DC at 2 major universities, as well. 

chant stupid mantras? WHO CARES

"it's completely failed him" I mean, it might... but jesus you can't admit it's hard to coach football at IU? There are *checks notes* 0 former IU coaches with a winning record at Indiana since 1947. ZERO... He has had a better winning % than KW, Bill Lynch, Terry Hep, DiNardo, Cam Cameron. And those coaches got 4 non conference games and weren't forced to play OSU, PSU, and UM EVERY YEAR.... 

I can admit if we again see a poor product on the field this year he should be gone, but it's just over the top you all can't recognize this isn't the easiest of jobs. 

37 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If these players want to be treated like a pro and have free agency, then they should implement trades as well.

That’s interesting man. That’s effin interesting. 

So like trade NIL contracts to other NIL contracts? I’m not sure how that would work unless it’s a collective and I don’t think every school is doing collectives? But I really like the idea of it. 

52 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Being a "cheerleader" comes with the job. Some coaches choose to use it however they see fit to help encourage, compliment, motivate or send a message. Some of it falls on deaf ears, others it motivates.

59 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Our fanbase mocks Tom Allen/Tom Crean and applauds Bob Knight.. and at the same time claims to be so holy. It's funny to read. To each their own. 

That be "some" of our fanbase.  And yes to "and each their own"

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Who cares? to the bold

To the "acts like a 10yr old on the sideline" is just a crazy comment. Honestly, I cannot believe that bothers ppl. 

I understand being mad about the losing. More than reasonable, complaints are warranted. The picking on mannerisms, just like under Crean... is lame and shows a complete lack of maturity. 

I just really completely disagree. I guess it’s just personal preference. Tom Allen is the face of IUFB. He’s the CEO. His behavior is completely relevant. The way he behaves is, to me, embarrassing. I don’t want the face of the program to be someone completely unhinged. And the team mirrors his personality, unfortunately, in many ways. I’m not the biggest Mike Woodson fan, but one thing I love about him is how calm and collected he is in the public eye. It’s the polar opposite of Mike Woodson. 

This convo is absurd. 

Did you care about other people before #LEO? Will you care about other people after #LEO walks away with $20Mil?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Create culture? yeah, he's done that.. unquestionably. 

Recruit? He gave us our best recruiting class ever. 

Failed him? Umm... I wouldn't consider being a B1G HC a failure. DC at 2 major universities, as well. 

chant stupid mantras? WHO CARES

"it's completely failed him" I mean, it might... but jesus you can't admit it's hard to coach football at IU? There are *checks notes* 0 former IU coaches with a winning record at Indiana since 1947. ZERO... He has had a better winning % than KW, Bill Lynch, Terry Hep, DiNardo, Cam Cameron. And those coaches got 4 non conference games and weren't forced to play OSU, PSU, and UM EVERY YEAR.... 

I can admit if we again see a poor product on the field this year he should be gone, but it's just over the top you all can't recognize this isn't the easiest of jobs. 

What culture has he created? And he had one good recruiting class and guess what? The stat recruit has already said bye bye. The dudes a joke. Other fanbases literally laugh at him. 

12 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

What culture has he created? And he had one good recruiting class and guess what? The stat recruit has already said bye bye. The dudes a joke. Other fanbases literally laugh at him. 

Newsflash:  Other fan bases have been laughing at our football program since long before any of us were born.  You honestly thought that was something new?