Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2022/23 IUFB Offseason News

29 minutes ago, upperarlington said:

I imagine the NCAA may put a cap on it soon. Free agency abounds now.

Like most things a cap may will come after it is beyond way out of control.  Like professional stuff in most areas it becomes a token type cap

Why cap it? It’s not like all programs followed the rules when they were stricter. What makes you believe they would follow a cap? Who will enforce it?

Funny the article mentioning over and over the collectives not talking to CTA about players because that would “violate rules.” Not that it would matter much but love the little inject of Indiana being goody two shoes. You don’t have to tell us we can see it on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

16 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Why cap it? It’s not like all programs followed the rules when they were stricter. What makes you believe they would follow a cap? Who will enforce it?

Funny the article mentioning over and over the collectives not talking to CTA about players because that would “violate rules.” Not that it would matter much but love the little inject of Indiana being goody two shoes. You don’t have to tell us we can see it on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Can see it on the field when watching IU football as in what was that? What just happened? Lol

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Like most things a cap may will come after it is beyond way out of control.  Like professional stuff in most areas it becomes a token type cap

Meh.  This NIL stuff will work itself out.  These guys forking over the dough are gonna get tired of losing money sooner or later.

22 hours ago, btownqb said:

Do you have an issue with the phrase Love Each Other? Does it bother you that much? if so, how or why does it bother you so much that we should care for others? 

I don't understand why you believe everyone should buy into LEO. It's a terrible gimmick. This program is terrible. The people running the program, are terrible at their jobs. Probably not changing anytime soon. It's a sport that exists to get us through the fall. 

8 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I don't understand why you believe everyone should buy into LEO. It's a terrible gimmick. This program is terrible. The people running the program, are terrible at their jobs. Probably not changing anytime soon. It's a sport that exists to get us through the fall. 

It doesn't. 

But again, you have an issue with the idea of Loving Each Other... that's on you. It's a very strange thing to have an issue with. 

13 minutes ago, Rico said:

Meh.  This NIL stuff will work itself out.  These guys forking over the dough are gonna get tired of losing money sooner or later.

Yep.....Like in the NFL and other pro sports, you get paid more $ for achieving certain incentives as well as missing out on said incentives if you underperform.

5 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

Yep.....Like in the NFL and other pro sports, you get paid more $ for achieving certain incentives as well as missing out on said incentives if you underperform.

...and you also get cut in the NFL.

14 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

If we were 8-4 and heading to the Gator Bowl, everyone would be LEO-ing around here.

3 minutes ago, Rico said:

If we were 8-4 and heading to the Gator Bowl, everyone would be LEO-ing around here.

Correct. But, the record is irrelevant. 

The confusion around LEO is amazing to see. It's really not that difficult to understand the importance of loving thy neighbor. Mocking the slogan shows incredible weakness, on their part. 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The confusion around LEO is amazing to see. It's really not that difficult to understand the importance of loving thy neighbor. Mocking the slogan shows incredible weakness, on their part. 

Fair enough.

But there are some out there that view the acronym "LEO" as just the mantra for a very poor IU football team.  I am a firm believer in "The Golden Rule" and "The Ten Commandments", but right now whenever I hear LEO I equate it with another IU loss.

Just now, Rico said:

Fair enough.

But there are some out there that view the acronym "LEO" as just the mantra for a very poor IU football team.  I am a firm believer in "The Golden Rule" and "The Ten Commandments", but right now whenever I hear LEO I equate it with another IU loss.

Makes absolutely no sense. 

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

People mock the way Allen chants it all the time. Similar to how people mock Russell Wilson’s “let’s ride.” You can #LEO without constantly saying it. How many other P5 coaches constantly chant a catch phrase? It’s all part of the image Coach Allen portrays, which is that of an erratic, spastic, goof. On the sideline he acts like a 10 year old who just downed several cases of Mountain Dew 

Plus, part of LEOing is holding the people you love accountable. Allen consistently fails to do that.

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Lol we are a losing football program WELL before CTA and LEO got here. Well before. 

Yeah?  We didn't use a mantra for losing until CTA came up with one.

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

People mock the way Allen chants it all the time. Similar to how people mock Russell Wilson’s “let’s ride.” You can #LEO without constantly saying it. How many other P5 coaches constantly chant a catch phrase? It’s all part of the image Coach Allen portrays, which is that of an erratic, spastic, goof. On the sideline he acts like a 10 year old who just downed several cases of Mountain Dew 

Plus, part of LEOing is holding the people you love accountable. Allen consistently fails to do that.

Who cares? to the bold

To the "acts like a 10yr old on the sideline" is just a crazy comment. Honestly, I cannot believe that bothers ppl. 

I understand being mad about the losing. More than reasonable, complaints are warranted. The picking on mannerisms, just like under Crean... is lame and shows a complete lack of maturity.