Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2022/23 IUFB Offseason News

44 minutes ago, bigrod said:

It's unfortunate. I used to be the ultimate optimist about IU football. Every year I would get sucked in and think, this is finally going to be the year. I can't say that anymore. I just have no hope for the current trajectory of the program. Feels like it's on life support and everyone refuses to make a decision on pulling the plug. It's really unfortunate that we can't have a team that is close to .500 every year and makes a nice run every few years.

Financially, we are set up to compete with just about anyone outside of the Big Ten and the SEC. 

This will be an attractive job for the right coach.

1 hour ago, bigrod said:

It's unfortunate. I used to be the ultimate optimist about IU football. Every year I would get sucked in and think, this is finally going to be the year. I can't say that anymore. I just have no hope for the current trajectory of the program. Feels like it's on life support and everyone refuses to make a decision on pulling the plug. It's really unfortunate that we can't have a team that is close to .500 every year and makes a nice run every few years.

We should have been .500 this year (with the right QB), and did make good runs just a couple of years ago. Last season was the main problem. I am not necessarily confident, but next year is the tell for me. If it's another 2, 3, 4 win year, they'll have to make a change regardless of the buyout. No use getting depressed or mad about it. I will watch like I always do, mostly DVR when they win. 

Just now, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

I don't want to be an absolute downer about the program but the past two years haven't filled me with confidence. 

But hows that different than basically every other year... than KWs last few, CTAs first 4? 

I have had season tickets since I was like 8 or 9. We have SUCKED.... CTA being the coach didn't create that. Now, at the same time... I do agree with Hovadipo when he said there will be less talent on this roster than any team we've had since early Wilson... and that is disheartening. DiNardo SUCKED, Cam Cameron sucked (not as bad as most), Bill Lynch SUCKED... everyone shares the same opinion on Coach Hep.... KW iffy dude, DAMN good coach... had us trending. Truly believe if he stayed as coach and CTA as DC... we were going to win our fair share. 

This isn't me trying to call you out. It's just confusion on my part with where you guys were coming from. 

I didn't assume the two Florida bowl games meant we were etched in stone as a "good" football program moving forward. We have no recruiting base, I truly don't believe you can sustain winning at Indiana, for that simple fact. HS football in Indiana has gotten a lot better, but still... the recruits go to OSU, ND, Michigan, or someone else swoops in and gets one. 

6 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

I don't want to be an absolute downer about the program but the past two years haven't filled me with confidence. 

This is totally fair and at the same time my original point stands.

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

But hows that different than basically every other year... than KWs last few, CTAs first 4? 

I have had season tickets since I was like 8 or 9. We have SUCKED.... CTA being the coach didn't create that. Now, at the same time... I do agree with Hovadipo when he said there will be less talent on this roster than any team we've had since early Wilson... and that is disheartening. DiNardo SUCKED, Cam Cameron sucked (not as bad as most), Bill Lynch SUCKED... everyone shares the same opinion on Coach Hep.... KW iffy dude, DAMN good coach... had us trending. Truly believe if he stayed as coach and CTA as DC... we were going to win our fair share. 

This isn't me trying to call you out. It's just confusion on my part with where you guys were coming from. 

I didn't assume the two Florida bowl games meant we were etched in stone as a "good" football program moving forward. We have no recruiting base, I truly don't believe you can sustain winning at Indiana, for that simple fact. HS football in Indiana has gotten a lot better, but still... the recruits go to OSU, ND, Michigan, or someone else swoops in and gets one. 

Lucky for Tom Allen, he's done it all. Mediocre his first two seasons. Good for 2 seasons. Then really sucked for 2. He's hit all areas you can in just 6 seasons. 

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Lucky for Tom Allen, he's done it all. Mediocre his first two seasons. Good for 2 seasons. Then really sucked for 2. He's hit all areas you can in just 6 seasons. 

and? 

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

We should have been .500 this year (with the right QB), and did make good runs just a couple of years ago. Last season was the main problem. I am not necessarily confident, but next year is the tell for me. If it's another 2, 3, 4 win year, they'll have to make a change regardless of the buyout. No use getting depressed or mad about it. I will watch like I always do, mostly DVR when they win. 

I get that, but it seems like we are always a player or two (or 10) away. I thought we had finally turned the corner a couple years ago, but it has been an absolute train wreck since. I think Deboer (and Penix) made a huge difference. That is the price of success - your assistants get poached.

From the outside looking in, it sure seems like the OL was mishandled. Everyone but Allen knew a change had to be made, and it may have cost them some other good coaches. Not sure why it always seems so dysfunctional. I'm just not sure Allen can be trusted to make the right decisions year in and out. But he's made his bed, now it's up to him to get it corrected. I guess I don't have a lot of faith. The frenetic rah-rah stuff is no longer working. Not sure what else he has.

For all the football minded geniuses…Currently, is there an unspoken close to a players mutiny in process for LEO and IU football? 

(Coaches moved on as soon as another (better) opportunity presented itself.  I know it happens everywhere.  However, is or was the thought to many times of not much to stay for).  LEO.

1 minute ago, TTT said:

For all the football minded geniuses…Currently, is there an unspoken close to a players mutiny in process for LEO and IU football? 

(Coaches moved on as soon as another (better) opportunity presented itself.  I know it happens everywhere.  However, is or was the thought to many times of not much to stay for).  LEO.

Do you have an issue with the phrase Love Each Other? Does it bother you that much? if so, how or why does it bother you so much that we should care for others? 

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Do you have an issue with the phrase Love Each Other? Does it bother you that much? if so, how or why does it bother you so much that we should care for others? 

This makes me think to back in the day.....Looking back to my childhood and still today. I have always told my dad, papaw, uncle that I loved them and hugged them genuinely. It was what I knew and was comfortable with. I see Coach Allen being that way with his son and family members. It's in his blood, backs it up and lives by it. I love it. If you don't like it move on.

It’s been a joke on here for frustrated fans (imagine that, fans staying with the program after it’s SUCKED for the past two seasons) to vent. Why would you tell fans to move on?

If every frustrated fan that mocked an IU or Allen phrase actually moved on we’d have a dozen fans in the stands and 50,000 in the tailgate fields.

Move on, ha! That’s some good ish just like the “let me and the squad diss on the team but let’s not make this about how bad the program sucks.”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

20 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

It’s been a joke on here for frustrated fans (imagine that, fans staying with the program after it’s SUCKED for the past two seasons) to vent. Why would you tell fans to move on?

If every frustrated fan that mocked an IU or Allen phrase actually moved on we’d have a dozen fans in the stands and 50,000 in the tailgate fields.

Move on, ha! That’s some good ish just like the “let me and the squad diss on the team but let’s not make this about how bad the program sucks.”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Smash that quote button dude. 

12 hours ago, btownqb said:

For such eloquently asked questions of original post regarding the analysis of activity regarding IU football players leaving program (and good coaching staff in recent years) there seems to be no intelligent answers….just a lame attempt to answer questions with questions.

1 hour ago, upperarlington said:

that's crazy money. $300K down and $5,000 a month following. That would make my family pretty comfortable.

It seems that it would make the wide range of somewhat financially average folks (fans) just want to check out of the whole thing and not give a care.  These new creative ways in nil and  a lot of other things going on now a days just do not pass the eye test (just seems wrong)….and perspective is a thing of the past.