Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2022/23 IUFB Offseason News

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

What's with the JUCO's?  I thought it was nearly impossible for a JUCO to get into IU because of some sort of math class bs.

Qualifiers out of high school have a much easier go of it than a kid that goes straight to JUCO due to academics. 

On 12/7/2022 at 2:36 PM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

You're using excellent very loosely there. He can easily be replaced. 

Considering our lack of recruiting, we don't easily replae anybody.  Mullen was one of our best players. Doesn't make him great but makes him important to the team.

44 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Hoping we can drop news in here without every piece being about how bad we are tbh. 

Thank you! My problem with people complaining, it's not like dudes from big schools have been lighting it up when they get here. Camper was doing well. Let's get the right players, not the ones with the shiniest offers from two years ago. What have you done lately that can contribute to the team now. 

9 hours ago, TTT said:

Bluntly:  Oklahoma football next to worst era, history including currently is better than IU football best era, history including currently.  Not even a contest.  On 2 different planets.

Good thing nobody was comparing Oklahoma and Indiana football then. 

10 hours ago, DChoosier said:

It’s great to hear that Lucas is staying.
My only concern is what happens when he realizes his IU NIL deal for “50 large” actually means $50 

This is the best post I've seen all week. 

My expectations are really low concerning IU football next season. I am, however, pretty confident that we will put a team on the field. Beyond that, I'll just wait and see. The one thing that I know is that we won't be competing for a division title.

6 minutes ago, TTT said:

Feelings DO NOT change facts.

That’s, of course, correct, assuming we’re talking about facts. Stating 100 different derivations of, “IUFB is gonna suck next year”, while more likely than not, is NOT a statement of fact. It is a statement of feelings. “IUFB sucked last year” is a statement of fact. See how that works? It’s a subtle difference, but, I think, an important one.

16 minutes ago, Demo said:

That’s, of course, correct, assuming we’re talking about facts. Stating 100 different derivations of, “IUFB is gonna suck next year”, while more likely than not, is NOT a statement of fact. It is a statement of feelings. “IUFB sucked last year” is a statement of fact. See how that works? It’s a subtle difference, but, I think, an important one.

Even “IUFB sucked last year” is a statement of feeling. It's a judgement, an opinion and not fact.

Facts would be that IU has a combined record of 6-18 (2-16) the past 2 seasons. My feelings are that IU has sucked the past 2 seasons. 

35 minutes ago, TTT said:

Feelings DO NOT change facts.

23 minutes ago, Demo said:

3 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Even “IUFB sucked last year” is a statement of feeling. It's a judgement, an opinion and not fact.

Facts would be that IU has a combined record of 6-18 (2-16) the past 2 seasons. My feelings are that IU has sucked the past 2 seasons. 

IU football makes me feel queasy.

That's a fact (Jack).

Man, I haven't posted on here in a while but I still frequent it just to get different updates and info. I will be honest, some of the opinions and views have been more negative than rivals. 

2 hours ago, Artie86 said:

Man, I haven't posted on here in a while but I still frequent it just to get different updates and info. I will be honest, some of the opinions and views have been more negative than rivals. 

It's unfortunate. I used to be the ultimate optimist about IU football. Every year I would get sucked in and think, this is finally going to be the year. I can't say that anymore. I just have no hope for the current trajectory of the program. Feels like it's on life support and everyone refuses to make a decision on pulling the plug. It's really unfortunate that we can't have a team that is close to .500 every year and makes a nice run every few years.