Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2022/23 IUFB Offseason News

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Dolson, unfortunately, can’t do much to fix the situation we’re in, and it’s completely his own fault. IUFB doesn’t have $30 million to fire him. We won’t be able to afford to fire him until after the 2024 season. Our roster may resemble an FCS school by then. If you’re a talented player on IU’s roster as of today, why wouldn’t you flee the sinking ship? You can go anywhere else and play right away. If you’re a high school recruit, why would you join a sinking ship? 

The way it's going we may have a D2 roster by then.

30 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

A poster on another site claims to be sure that Dasan told the staff he was looking for $350,000 for next season.

I obviously have no way to verify that post.

And we couldn't pay that? 

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yea but Tom Allen gave us good season in 2019 and 2020.... Lol

Do good IU football seasons regularly happen? or have I missed something with my season tickets since 1998? 

Win a couple games in IU football equals a contract extension worth millions $$$.

Then, next hire using history as predictor of the future…if next football coach is unsuccessful…then Dolson becomes on hot seat if not resigned.  IU football is truly a washing machine.

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And we couldn't pay that? 

Allegedly (again, who knows) IU football players only earned a total of $150,000 last year but we are trying to have NIL entities raise 1-2 million. Maybe get some 50-75k linemen?

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It is the excuse that IUFB Twitter gives to make it seem like Tom Allen is a great coach. As if the other 4 years and the past two years don't exist. 

Ok well, in regards to success... he's the 2nd best coach in program history.

Then you will reply with "that's not saying much"... I get it. 

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

Allegedly (again, who knows) IU football players only earned a total of $150,000 last year but we are trying to have NIL entities raise 1-2 million. Maybe get some 50-75k linemen?

If we can't pay Dasan 350K..... we are more f'ed than I thought. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Ok well, in regards to success... he's the 2nd best coach in program history.

Then you will reply with "that's not saying much"... I get it. 

I will always look back fondly on the 2020 season, was quite a ride. At this point though, it's looking increasingly likely he will leave the program in worse shape than he found it. And we never won a bowl game thanks to the idiocy during the TN game and just an out and out awful performance against Ole Miss.

Just now, HoosierX said:

I will always look back fondly on the 2020 season, was quite a ride. At this point though, it's looking increasingly likely he will leave the program in worse shape than he found it. And we never won a bowl game thanks to the idiocy during the TN game and just an out and out awful performance against Ole Miss.

I don't see how you see it. 

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Bingo. Those two seasons mean really nothing now that he's burning the entire program to the ground. 

Your dramatics make me laugh. "burning it to the ground" nahhh... he struggled to maintain the level of 2019+2020, it's ok to call it that. And disgusting as it is to say... we've had a lot worse seasons at IU than the one we just had. 

I'm not trying to defend Allen. He should be let go if we have another subpar year, but acting like our football struggles started with him are..... idk the word, crazy to me, I guess to read. 

100% what is going on now and the product needs improved, but acting like it's "all on Tom Allen" meh, whatever, I guess if you want to play the blame game, not the easiest of jobs, though. 

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If we can't pay Dasan 350K..... we are more f'ed than I thought. 

Based on what I’ve read we haven’t had the $$$ to pay a single guy 350k.

If 10-15 talented 350k type players cost 3.5-5.25mm, plus the money to retain another 25-30 guys, we are indeed in trouble. I’m just guessing we don’t get anymore Dasan type talents or, if we do, they leave for bigger offers after a good year.

6 minutes ago, Gnet550 said:

On the plus side…anyone watch Deion taking to the Colorado players? He basically told them to hit the portal because he was bringing in new guys….so maybe we can them all to come to IU!!

Colorado was 1-11 this season -- one of the few Power 5 teams worse than us. 

I understand losing players through the transfer portal seems like a sinking ship but keep in mind these players leaving played on the field, and they played below expectations. Good luck to them finding the right spot for them to get on the field. But if you're being honest with yourself, do you see Tuttle slinging it at a school like oh say, any school in the PAC-12 or SEC? I'd be surprised if that happens. Well maybe Vanderbilt. I think the only transfer so far worth a darn is Dasan McCullough. Other than that these players played on an IUFB team, that wasn't great.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is all of these players (minus McCullough) jumping ship might end up in the MAC or Sun Belt or fill in the blank. And I was reading somewhere about the stats of actually landing a gig via the transfer portal is pretty low. 

The biggest issue with the current state of IUFB is NIL dollars. That's the focus we should all be paying attention to.