Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2022/23 IUFB Offseason News

The top 3 QBs on the depth chart are transferring out, and a fourth QB suffered a horrible leg injury. Not great. None of them were particularly good, but now we need bodies to fill the QB room. Dexter Williams had the most success, but he can’t throw. Completed 34% of his passes this season. Having him run for his life isn’t a sustainable game plan going into next season, if he’s even ready at the start of the season. This offseason could get ugly.

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The top 3 QBs on the depth chart are transferring out, and a fourth QB suffered a horrible leg injury. Not great. None of them were particularly good, but now we need bodies to fill the QB room. Dexter Williams had the most success, but he can’t throw. Completed 34% of his passes this season. Having him run for his life isn’t a sustainable game plan going into next season, if he’s even ready at the start of the season. This offseason could get ugly.

“Run for your life” isn’t a sustainable game plan for an Indiana football qb, but it’s a hell of a good self preservation strategy

19 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Wait.. are you including Gremel in that group? 

Is IU going to field a football team next year 23?

Coaches gravy train.  = Have a little success.  Get a lucky break.  Coach a  4 or 5 more years.  Get your pride hurt.  Take several millions of $ and move on.

Quarterbacks currently at IU injuries or no injuries are good mid major talented.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Wait.. are you including Gremel in that group? 

I forgot Sorsby in between them, but I was going off this tweet. 

Maybe that was a one time thing, idk. Looking back I don’t think Gremel ever played in that game so it probably was off.

4 hours ago, craigyv88 said:

image.thumb.png.eff70bac4b58150f08a96db588dca84e.png

Not a huge surprise.  Just wasn't quite the fit that some hoped it would be.  Wish him well and less qb hits at his next stop.

I'm hoping Conor has success elsewhere. I also hope that all the QBs IU has had in the last 5 years file a class action suit against Allen and Hiller.

14 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

I'm hoping Conor has success elsewhere. I also hope that all the QBs IU has had in the last 5 years file a class action suit against Allen and Hiller.

I am surprised he didnt work out. I watched him play a couple of games at Mizzou and he looked great. I was excited that he was coming to us.  What the heck happened? O lIne?

2 hours ago, upperarlington said:

I am surprised he didnt work out. I watched him play a couple of games at Mizzou and he looked great. I was excited that he was coming to us.  What the heck happened? O lIne?

I watched him some at Missouri as well. Some games he looked great, some he looked very pedestrian. The Missouri boards seemed to say the same when he left. Consistency was a huge issue this year. I'm sure the coaching and o-line here didnt help. 

Yeah...obviously we all hope the best for Dexter and want him able to walk, let alone play, ASAP but considering this announcement is telling me his knee went full Shaun Livingston...we're gonna need a QB. Soon.

Edit: to be clear, we already did. Now we just really do...and about 3 of them.

18 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Yeah...obviously we all hope the best for Dexter and want him able to walk, let alone play, ASAP but considering this announcement is telling me his knee went full Shaun Livingston...we're gonna need a QB. Soon.

Edit: to be clear, we already did. Now we just really do...and about 3 of them.

What horrendous luck for that kid. Non-contact, unbelievable. 

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Just another example of why FieldTurf is a crime against humanity. Ruining kids' careers one buckled knee at a time. 

Let's just go back to grass. Sure it gets torn up, and sometimes muddy, but it is a whole lot more forgiving than the artificial stuff.

1 minute ago, cthomas said:

Let's just go back to grass. Sure it gets torn up, and sometimes muddy, but it is a whole lot more forgiving than the artificial stuff.

I think we're within a few years of the NFL/NFLPA making grass mandatory. Or at least for new stadiums and places where it's possible. It's a major problem. Not sure that it'll ever happen in college because of the cost.

Grass fields will trickle down to the college game as the pressure mounts in the NFL. Of all the costly things that come with the business, having a grass field (and the maintenance of) that decreases the chance of injury is one I’d be willing to make if I were in the ADs shoes.