Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana Vs North Carolina Game Thread Wed 11/30/22 9:15pm(ish) ESPN (

I don't blame you. I get it. I'm not on board that this is a National Title contender yet. I think IU is very good. One of the best teams in the B1G and a second weekend NCAA Tournament team. 3 point shooting concerns me a little still. I'm getting greedy but I'd really like for them to win two of the UNC, Arizona, and Kansas games. We will know more about this team on the afternoon of December 17 after the Kansas game. Overall if they go 3-2 in the next 5 games (need to win both B1G Games), I feel good. 
I am still having nightmares about the sweet 16 match-up where I read on here north Carolina can't shoot the three. The game starts and it felt like they couldn't miss lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I am still having nightmares about the sweet 16 match-up where I read on here north Carolina can't shoot the three. The game starts and it felt like they couldn't miss lol

Mine is Syracuse lol...but yes, UNC just dominated that game. I don't think IU played bad. UNC was just better. Back to back years they made the title game.

I feel like the 2012/2016 teams had a bad draw...in 2012 they got UK and 2016 UNC. 

18 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

TJD says he is not 100% but he is playing tomorrow.

Yeah no way he misses what is one of the biggest IU games of his career. I just hope this is something that doesn't get worse over time. Might be a solid idea to sit him against Nebraska if needed...again, not ideal but of the next 5 games that one is the least challenging. 

52 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Yeah no way he misses what is one of the biggest IU games of his career. I just hope this is something that doesn't get worse over time. Might be a solid idea to sit him against Nebraska if needed...again, not ideal but of the next 5 games that one is the least challenging. 

Nebraska is a game they need to control early to give TJD as much rest as possible. 

5 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I don't blame you. I get it. I'm not on board that this is a National Title contender yet. I think IU is very good. One of the best teams in the B1G and a second weekend NCAA Tournament team. 3 point shooting concerns me a little still. I'm getting greedy but I'd really like for them to win two of the UNC, Arizona, and Kansas games. We will know more about this team on the afternoon of December 17 after the Kansas game. Overall if they go 3-2 in the next 5 games (need to win both B1G Games), I feel good. 

I'm not penciling anything in right now. I think we have the best team we have had in a while, but I don't know exactly what that means in terms of the season. National title contender is a huge leap from where we have been in the last few years. I want to see us continue to build to that level. I'm just not sure we can go from where have been to where we want to without taking the steps in between.

Coach Knight, Randy Wittman, Christian Watford and Ted Kitchel were all in the gym today.  Couple of the pics posted.
FixSW1-WYAEohi-?format=jpg%26name=360x360&key=ce18b14137eeb3e4d1c3d11fc4799cced19c29f052d6318bc5bf9ceece4ee2b6

FixSZ0gWAAAYeVh?format=jpg%26name=360x360&key=f820c2eda3b1bf6aa1a7b5161298443fc823f781077aab2b03e481ae64240591
Feeling better about tomorrow already lol. Awesome sight to see though. The entire iu family is united Finally.

7 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Someone’s looking healthy:

I hope you are right that he is healthy but, respectfully, nothing in that video convinced me he is good to go as  none of those moves were particularly explosive or athletic.

17 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Someone’s looking healthy:

I watched that video and thought he seemed stiff and slow moving.  I read that he intends to play.  I hope he gets/stays healthy, but I worry about him playing and dragging this injury out deeper into the season than necessary.  I've had back issues for many years (granted, mine is from issues with my discs/vertebrate and his could be nothing more than pulled muscles).  Without proper rest and recovery my back issues don't go away.  It haunts me again and again, and sometimes when I'm finally feeling well enough to do more, I bend over to tie a shoelace and it's right back to square one and the recovery process must begin again.  Trayce is much younger than I am and I don't have a trained staff surrounding me with the equipment they have, so hopefully he's good to go...and hopefully it's nothing more than some pulled muscles and not something much more serious and long-term.  

Who was it from the Indiana team a few years back who was continuously being pulled from the games to have his back stretched and worked on by the staff on the sidelines?  Was that Thomas Bryant or Juwan Morgan?  Or maybe it was someone else.  I can't remember who it was.  I just remember it dragging out.  Hopefully this isn't the case for TJD.  He has individual records to break and team accomplishments to make.

13 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Honestly we should win this game by 15... Depends if they are hitting or not. No Bacot and this one could be 2012 like. 

Bacot practiced yesterday and is a full-go.