Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana Vs North Carolina Game Thread Wed 11/30/22 9:15pm(ish) ESPN (

On 11/28/2022 at 5:36 PM, HoosierHoops1 said:

Wonder when the last time #1 lost 3 straight?

From an ESPN post game article about UNC:

"That UNC is one unusual preseason No. 1. According to ESPN Stats & Information research, it is just the fourth such team in 62 years to lose three consecutive games."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35153223/is-panic-former-no-1-north-carolina-three-consecutive-losses

2 hours ago, lillurk said:

Two times — well, maybe more than that, but I saw it happen twice — Trey got switched onto Bacot. Bacot took him into the post both times…and didn’t get a touch.

Trey should be B1G 1st team all-D this year if he stays healthy. Maybe he doesn’t get it, but he’ll deserve it.

Here’s one of the two 

2 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

A good friend of mine, UNC guy and a scout, summed it up succinctly: "IU is just better than UNC at this point." 

The UNC fans you're seeing? Sour grapes.

Yeah, if last night didn't make that clear the previous several games should have. UNC has some individual talent for sure: Bacot, Nance & Love? That is an impressive trio...but they are a poor team currently. 

I suspect they will get it sorted out, like last year, but very flawed right now.  Love reminds me a bit of Devonte Green. Can go off for 30 or shoot you right out of a game. 

1 minute ago, Hardwood83 said:

Yeah, if last night didn't make that clear the previous several games should have. UNC has some individual talent for sure: Bacot, Nance & Love? That is an impressive trio...but they are a poor team currently. 

I suspect they will get it sorted out, like last year, but very flawed right now.  Love reminds me a bit of Devonte Green. Can go off for 30 or shoot you right out of a game. 

I think they'll figure it out, like last season, they're very talented, but they didn't handle our toughness at all, their fast break was basically shut down, and they looked out of sync. One question is whether the coaching this season will get them back on track.

3 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

A good friend of mine, UNC guy and a scout, summed it up succinctly: "IU is just better than UNC at this point." 

The UNC fans you're seeing? Sour grapes.

Yep. I don't see how anyone could watch that game last night and think UNC is the better team. I think IU would've won at the Dean Dome. 

7 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

That was good ball movement in the first clip.  Galloway finds ways to impact the game as it is, imagine if his shot wasn't so busted.

I LOVE seeing Gallo on the baseline under control -- That was both great movement and great decision-making, under control on the move along the baseline. Really nice. Try defending that.

2 minutes ago, Napleshoosier said:

So I guess his daughter now goes to IU?  

Yes. He's pretty high on IU all of a sudden. Not sure if it's because of his daughter or not. I'm glad he admits he was wrong with his Woodson takes from when he was hired. I like the field of 68. I didn't know Mack was on. Not the biggest fan of him but I like hearing the perspective from a coach. 

A little disapointed that they/ESPN.com all start off by talking about what's wrong with UNC. How about what's right with IU!

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

For those that may not be aware, Goodman's daughter, Talia, is a student at IU in the Media School      @goodmansport

As much sh*t and taunting he gave us over the years….. really?  Lmao. Supposedly there is a video of him dropping her off in the summer and having tears rolling down his face.  I will stop now while I’m ahead!  Lol. We good! 

25 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

A little disapointed that they/ESPN.com all start off by talking about what's wrong with UNC. How about what's right with IU!

Negativity sells, I guess. Or maybe they just don't care about the B1G/IU. Probably a combination of the two.

30 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Keep in mind that ESPN and the ACC sleep in the same double bed.