Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana Vs North Carolina Game Thread Wed 11/30/22 9:15pm(ish) ESPN (

10 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

North Carolina had an awful offense last night.  Was that because of our defensive pressure?  I hope so.  Or maybe they have a bad offensive scheme?  Anyway, from the article Caleb Love and Hubert Davis were asked about it.  I love the disconnect between the two and Davis calling it...bejeebies?  I believe UNC made a bad hire after a good coach like we did.

(Caleb) Love said North Carolina's offensive struggles on Wednesday night at Assembly Hall were a combination of Indiana taking away certain options, but he also sensed a lack of fluidity.

ADVERTISING

"It's like we're just standing and waiting for somebody to make a play," Love said. "So we've just got to change our movements, stay active off the ball and we've got to be tough enough and smart enough to get open."

North Carolina coach Hubert Davis was asked what he can do to change his team's habits and tendencies of standing around and waiting for someone to make a play.

“I think that’s bejeebies. I do," Davis said." I don’t know if somebody did say that. I don’t want to comment on something that I didn’t hear and I didn’t understand the context in which they said it. But one of the things that I always tell the guys, not just in reference to tonight, just in life, you have a choice to whine and complain, to point fingers and make excuses or you can get back up and fight. 

1 hour ago, str8baller said:

He had a really dominant game but it wasn’t real flashy. Every “must have” possession starts with getting him the back in the post. His shot blocking covers up a bunch of our defensive breakdowns. Him and Race going for blocks probably is a big part of our giving up offensive rebounds—along with poor team blocking out—but those two things are always hard to reconcile.  

After his first two years, I hope he has all the team success this year to go with his personal accolades. 

Somewhat like Juwan Morgan -- TJD is better but their all around solid games translate to getting wins, and he's underappreciated as an NBA prospect. Morgan made the League, a stat like this further shows TJD should. He's a guy who most NBA teams could use.

57 minutes ago, Josh said:

"It's like we're just standing and waiting for somebody to make a play," Love said. "So we've just got to change our movements, stay active off the ball and we've got to be tough enough and smart enough to get open."

North Carolina coach Hubert Davis was asked what he can do to change his team's habits and tendencies of standing around and waiting for someone to make a play.

“I think that’s bejeebies. I do," Davis said." I don’t know if somebody did say that. I don’t want to comment on something that I didn’t hear and I didn’t understand the context in which they said it. But one of the things that I always tell the guys, not just in reference to tonight, just in life, you have a choice to whine and complain, to point fingers and make excuses or you can get back up and fight. 

The player nails it and the coach does...whatever it is that Hubert is doing there. Yikes.

1 hour ago, Josh said:

I love the disconnect between the two and Davis calling it...bejeebies?  I believe UNC made a bad hire after a good coach like we did.

Bejeebies has gotta be some Roy-ism for bulls*** so that he could call out the refs without getting fined $5-10K a dozen times a year.

45 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Race Thompson's role reminds me so much of the role Verdell Jones took on his senior year.  It's probably not the role he desires -- his minutes and offensive touches have decreased -- but he provides a veteran, steady role out there.

Bingo!! I said that a few weeks ago. Assembly Call guys were a little worried about it. I''m not as much. It's because there is a lot more talent on this current team. 

36 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Not that it matters..but UNC fans don't think much of Indiana. A few of the ones I've talked to or seen think we got "lucky". 

We haven't had many big wins in the last few years. Nor have we had a team that anyone on a national level took seriously. Keep winning and " lucky" becomes "good" over time.

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

The player nails it and the coach does...whatever it is that Hubert is doing there. Yikes.

Was just having a conversation about coaches following up legends. It’s different when a guy has built other programs and has won building things on his own merit. Guys that are hand picked and inherit a legend’s program almost always wilt under the pressure and fail. Some have success but it takes them a long time to establish themselves. 

Duke and Carolina will struggle until they hire proven guys. 

Hoosiers are in good shape with Woody.

1 hour ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Not that it matters..but UNC fans don't think much of Indiana. A few of the ones I've talked to or seen think we got "lucky". 

We were very lucky to hit that contested 13 point shot at the buzzer to win by 12. Oh, what's that? There is no 13 point shot? In that case, a double digit win can't be considered "lucky."