Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana Vs North Carolina Game Thread Wed 11/30/22 9:15pm(ish) ESPN (

6 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Wow..I didn't realize it was this long but the last time IU was ranked and played another ranked team at Assembly Hall was Wisconsin in January 2017...Almost 6 years. Biggest game at Assembly Hall since the last UNC game. 

Ugh I remember that game too. Was part of the three game stretch that ended it for me with the Crean era.

Nebraska at home, Louisville in Indy, Wisconsin at home all losses.  

I think this is going to be a very good game regardless of health. Bacot and TJD are going to give it all they can My keys: 

1) Stop them from scoring in transition. I remember watching Davis/Love just kill teams last year in the tournament. 

2) Bench mob be ready! I said it earlier, if Malik, Tamar, and JG all have an average typical game, I don't see how UNC wins. They really only go a few deep. Puff is the only one that has impressed so far. 

I'll be a little disapointed if UNC wins. Tells me Indiana wasn't ready to play. They have a huge advantage: Home court (IU fans and even players have waited a looooooong time for a game like this), UNC playing 3 games in 4 days (travel, 4 OTs..may not matter but IU has had more rest). I think Indiana is a superior defensive team. Deeper as well. 

35 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Ugh I remember that game too. Was part of the three game stretch that ended it for me with the Crean era.

Nebraska at home, Louisville in Indy, Wisconsin at home all losses.  

Seemed like you could just mark Wisconsin down as a loss, no matter how good Crean's IU team was.  I still remember the random guy going off for 30 after averaging around 3 a game, by remember I mean have nightmares.

45 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Wow..I didn't realize it was this long but the last time IU was ranked and played another ranked team at Assembly Hall was Wisconsin in January 2017...Almost 6 years. Biggest game at Assembly Hall since the last UNC game. 

I'd forgotten about that one (probably many others from the last 5-6 years as well). I checked my phone to see if the game had started yet and we were down 13-0. Good times. 

32 minutes ago, Pudman said:

Walked by there at around 7:00 AM on my way to teach my 8:00 AM class and there was already a line. Also, I had a few students tell me that they saved one of their excused absences so that they could line up early. Love that.

All basketball game absences are excused:)

51 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Commits and targets who will be at the game tonight.

@CuppsGabe

@jakai_newton

@JalenHaralson3

@SisleyTrent

@ThomasMeleek

@FBidunga

@jonathanp0well1

@mckenneytrey1

One of these fine young gents could be a 2023 big man re-class. Hope Flory sees exactly what he wants to see.