Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana Vs North Carolina Game Thread Wed 11/30/22 9:15pm(ish) ESPN (

I expected IU (fully healthy) to beat #1 UNC (fully healthy). Things change. If TJD is 85 % or better I think IU wins regardless of Bacot's status. If TJD is less than that I think UNC wins close one, again regardless of Bacot's status. Unfortunately I don't think this IU team is good enough to beat top quality opponents without a healthy TJD.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

Seeing a few too many posts writing off UNC.  They dropped a ton but they're still a ranked team and dangerous.  

I want to see our defense re-establish itself as elite.  The only real team we've played still put up 79 points on us.  Torvik puts the Xavier offense at 8th.  UNC is 6th.  

Our points will come.  Trayce will get 18+, then we need several others to chip in their 6-10 points.  Let's see if our defense and home crowd can frustrate UNC to go <60.  

Edit:  Haaaa Hova coming in to make my point while I was typing.  Not directed at you while I was typing.  But now it is.  

Who is writing off UNC? AH is good for ~10 points most nights, UNC has played at their regular season level from last season, they just had 3 games in 4 days against solid to good competition with the last a 4 OT game, and had to travel more than halfway across the country and have been sleeping in a hotel for several nights. That's not writing them off, simply stating the circumstances. It's college basketball so almost anything can happen. We should win this game and if we play well we could easily win by double digits.

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I'd like to think Woodson is deliberately being vague and there's no way TJD actually sits this one out. 

It would be nice if we could finally make it through the first half of a game without somebody going to the locker room. 

He isn't the only one being vague either, no other words on Bacot other than he said he was going to try his best to play Wednesday.

40 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I just listened to the media availability. This tweet is accurate, but is deceptively pessimistic. 

What I learned from a full listen to Woody:

1) Woody says Trayce practiced yesterday, but as of the time of the media availability Woody hadn't talked to Trayce or the training staff yet this morning, so he cannot say for sure that Trayce will be good to go. 

2) Pretty much the same answer for Gallo: He practiced yesterday and looked good, but Woody cannot confirm he's playing for sure until he checks this morning with the training staff and the player.

F.  Need/want TJD in this one. Also makes me concerned he plays but is severely labored like he was last game.  He didn’t look right at all.  
He was very stiff and appeared to be afraid to jump. Didn't look comfortable at all. Still not sure why he even played

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

I just listened to the media availability. This tweet is accurate, but is deceptively pessimistic

What I learned from a full listen to Woody:

1) Woody says Trayce practiced yesterday, but as of the time of the media availability Woody hadn't talked to Trayce or the training staff yet this morning, so he cannot say for sure that Trayce will be good to go. 

2) Pretty much the same answer for Gallo: He practiced yesterday and looked good, but Woody cannot confirm he's playing for sure until he checks this morning with the training staff and the player.

Yeah that is what I thought too. Woody sounded very confident last night about them all playing so I'm not too worried. 

20 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Really shocked at the confidence some have on here lol. After 30 the last 30 years I have none left. Just hope and pray for the best is all I can do. Praying already we play good lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I don't blame you. I get it. I'm not on board that this is a National Title contender yet. I think IU is very good. One of the best teams in the B1G and a second weekend NCAA Tournament team. 3 point shooting concerns me a little still. I'm getting greedy but I'd really like for them to win two of the UNC, Arizona, and Kansas games. We will know more about this team on the afternoon of December 17 after the Kansas game. Overall if they go 3-2 in the next 5 games (need to win both B1G Games), I feel good. 

2 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

I don't know that he didn't show up. He only got 5 minutes. 

That is one thing that I get frustrated with Woody a little bit. Miller and Race looked stupid bad sometimes at the beginning of games (Parker last year as well) but still get 20 minutes. JG comes in and looks a little shaky the first few minutes then never gets back in. He doesn't get a chance to settle into the game.

It is something I don't understand given what he does energy and rebounding wise. 

Completely agree, but also understand they why -- the why is that JG hasn't, at least earlier this season, seemed to have gained Woodson's full confidence.

JG is not the refined player that Ren is, I don't think anyone would say that JG, who came to IU having started playing organized bball late, has been fully versed in the team sets and has always shown full bball acumen.

And last season Woodson limited his minutes until towards the end of the year, when he was really starting to shine, and then in his own words "discovered" him on the bench during the B1G tourney. Personally, I think Woodson's "discovery" was late in coming, what JG brings to the floor was already clear (there was one game staff was yelling to put JG in, he did and then dominated the boards), but that is what it is, and Woodson's confidence level in JG is still kind of new and developing -- he absolutely has a shorter leash for mistakes. I've watched Ren, Race etc. make terrible mistakes and then play through them, because they (deservedly) have Woodson's confidence.

JG has really been killing it lately, on good averaged minutes he's in the top 3 in both defensive and offensive win shares, defensive rating, offensive rating, per 40 min and per 100 possessions scoring, steals, etc. And that's without leading the team in boards. 

I have full confidence in JG (lol), but Woodson's confidence level seems to be still developing. Really hope JG stays out on the floor in good minutes along with Ren, both are key to how well we play at this point.

3 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Listen, I'm gonna talk that talk in the game thread, but prediction league is all business (read: beating Josh) and business is BOOMING.

I'm all in on the first part.  UNC sucks, we're going to shut them out because they suck so bad

But that second part makes you sound crazy 

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

I'm all in on the first part.  UNC sucks, we're going to shut them out because they suck so bad

But that second part makes you sound crazy 

It’s weird because your place in the standings has 2 numbers but mine only has 1…? You might need to protest.