Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana Vs North Carolina Game Thread Wed 11/30/22 9:15pm(ish) ESPN (

Just now, go iu bb said:

I don't care what people say on social media. At the end of the year, the computers and selection committee won't remember or care whether they played or not, just who won the game. That's what really matters. Just get the win.

Just being a little sarcastic, don't worry, I don't care what is said on Twitter and such.

39 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

I don't care what people say on social media. At the end of the year, the computers and selection committee won't remember or care whether they played or not, just who won the game. That's what really matters. Just get the win.

I thought this was a thing or maybe I'm misremembering. @Uspshoosier does the selection committee look at players available for games?

11 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I thought this was a thing or maybe I'm misremembering. @Uspshoosier does the selection committee look at players available for games?

I think if a player on a team the committee is looking at is injured towards the end of the season, they take into account whether that player will be available for the NCAAT. I think this happens only if they're unsure whether that team should be in the tournament or not and/or seeding purposes. For example, if one of a team's starters is injured in February, the committee might take into account that if that player is expected to be back in time for the tournament or not as far as evaluating where that team deserves to be.

I'm pretty sure they don't go through a team's whole resume and evaluate who was or wasn't available to play on each team for each and every game. I have a hard time believing in March that they'll look back at the IU/UNC game in November and discount it because certain players were injured.

The NET, which the committee uses, does not care who does or doesn't play. 

6 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I think that 20 year olds being physically tired is overrated unless it's a true extreme; in this case they'll have almost three days off between games. Mentally spent? I could see that, and the Bacot injury is a big deal. 

But for me, the lack of their ability to watch much film or adequately scout/prepare for us is the biggest impediment for UNC. 

It takes a toll on your body flying across country and one day later getting back on the plane to fly to Bloomington 

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Not really.   They won’t assume a team would have won a game if a hurt player played.   They will evaluate how a team does after a player is injured or how a team play once they come back but if a team loses with an injured player no way to know for sure if they would of won  with them. 

UNC just played a tough team to quadruple OT. And TJD wasn’t 100 percent in our last game.

I would think UNC will come out fighting for their lives, they’re going to be fully dialed in, and they will be the best team we’ve played so far.

I do think we should win in AH and that we’re the better team, but I’m not expecting a blow out, I’m expecting a hard fought game, and with the Hall’s support we pull away for the W — but I want to know TJD is fully healthy, we need him

16 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I would think UNC will come out fighting for their lives, they’re going to be fully dialed in, and they will be the best team we’ve played so far.

North Carolina is a very talented team that hasn't played well yet this season.  But they are certainly capable of beating IU even at Assembly Hall.  We'll see what happens but it is likely to be a close game in spite of their record.

Regardless of health..UNC is not deep. They don't have a Tamar Bates, Jordan Geronimo, or Malik Reneau coming off the bench. Now, if Xavier version of Tamar and Jordan show up... What worries me is if Love and Davis go off for them. Even without Bacot I think they are still capable of beating IU. Trayce worries me a little. He didn't look right on Friday. I kind of hope they can get through these next 5 games without him getting hurt. Hopefully 5 days off helps. They played like 4 games in 7 days. 

7 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

This shouldn't be close. The magic off AH and UNC not playing as well as they did to end last season. I could see IU going on a run midway through the first half and cruising to a victory giving UNC their third straight loss.

Wonder when the last time #1 lost 3 straight?

Tonight's radio show --  Woodson says "everyone is gonna play" on Wednesday. Trey Galloway practiced today, and if he's good to go after tomorrow's evaluation, he will play vs. UNC.

Gotta be a quick yank on Galloway if rusty. Throwing him to the wolves first game back. TJD can dominate if healthy enough. I’m not convinced he’s healthy enough.

Gotta get out and run like we did Last time we faced them in AH.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Not really.   They won’t assume a team would have won a game if a hurt player played.   They will evaluate how a team does after a player is injured or how a team play once they come back but if a team loses with an injured player no way to know for sure if they would of won  with them. 

By available, I meant if a player actually plays in a game not if they're injured in the game they play or they play injured. It seems that could be a deciding factor if came down to it. I guess that could be difficult deciding between an impact player and what they might have meant in a specific game.

16 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Gotta be a quick yank on Galloway if rusty. Throwing him to the wolves first game back. TJD can dominate if healthy enough. I’m not convinced he’s healthy enough. Gotta get out and run like we did Last time we faced them in AH.

Trey's a smart kid. He won't try to shoot too much, unless its after a steal and has a layup. No matter how long he plays, he'll be relentless....and I love it.

Agree with you that TJD looked only about 50% on Friday. I didn't think he should've played at all.

28 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Gotta be a quick yank on Galloway if rusty. Throwing him to the wolves first game back. TJD can dominate if healthy enough. I’m not convinced he’s healthy enough.

Gotta get out and run like we did Last time we faced them in AH.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

If memory serves me, Trey Galloway’s first game after returning from injury last year was a 20+ minute fantastic performance.

I’m looking forward to seeing how our “depth” plays against UNC. We are all excited about how deep  we are but on the flip side IU has only played one decent team, Xavier, and in that game TJD and X carried the load. TJD played 37 minutes and he and X accounted for 53 of our points.  Malik came off the bench to score 12 while the rest of the bench scored a total of 1 point. Not saying we don’t have depth but am hoping to see some verification Weds night.