Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana Vs North Carolina Game Thread Wed 11/30/22 9:15pm(ish) ESPN (

Armando Bacot questionable with an ankle. UNC will be tired, and probably more importantly, will have very little time to watch film and prepare for a full-on Assembly Hall experience and a rested and prepared Hoosiers squad.

If Bacot can't go UNC will have only Nance, Puff Johnson, and a 6'10, 260 lb redshirt freshman named Will Shaver, who has seen one minute of total college game action as their bigs.

As Al Davis would say...

35 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

This should honestly be a blowout. UNC stinks and they have everything working against them from the crowd to travel to injuries. Let Caleb Love shoot 62 times. 

I think that 20 year olds being physically tired is overrated unless it's a true extreme; in this case they'll have almost three days off between games. Mentally spent? I could see that, and the Bacot injury is a big deal. 

But for me, the lack of their ability to watch much film or adequately scout/prepare for us is the biggest impediment for UNC. 

This should honestly be a blowout. UNC stinks and they have everything working against them from the crowd to travel to injuries. Let Caleb Love shoot 62 times. 
This will probably not be a blowout. The basketball gods have really done a number on iu lol. NC will be hungry and will give 100 percent effort. Hopefully out boys are ready to fight

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Armando Bacot questionable with and ankle. UNC will be tired, and probably more importantly, will have very little time to watch film and prepare for a full-on Assembly Hall experience and a rested and prepared Hoosiers squad.
If Bacot can't go UNC will have only Nance, Puff Johnson, and a 6'10, 260 lb redshirt freshman named Will Shaver, who has seen one minute of total college game action as their bigs.
As Al Davis would say...
So expect Will Shaver to have 25/13/4 stat line Weds.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

So expect Will Shaver to have 25/13/4 stat line Weds.

Lol, no he won't. I think Bacot will give it a go, but he will not be at full strength. Of course, TJD may be limited too.

For me the "crap player on the other team will have a career night against us" is a myth and unnecessarily negative. Sure, it happens, but very, very rarely, both for (Phin against Purdue) and against us. When we play UNC our problems are Nance, Bacot, Davis, and Love, not Will Shaver.

Lol, no he won't. I think Bacot will give it a go, but he will not be at full strength. Of course, TJD may be limited too.
For me the "crap player on the other team will have a career night against us" is a myth and unnecessarily negative. Sure, it happens, but very, very rarely, both for (Phin against Purdue) and against us. When we play UNC our problems are Nance, Bacot, Davis, and Love, not Will Shaver.
Most recent was Kris Murray although he was/is a good player it was just against IU that anybody outside of Iowa knew that. I know it's rare but it does seem to happen at a pivotal time for IU whether that be the entire game or at a crucial moment. Then again I guess if it didn't have an impact nobody would remember.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

I think that 20 year olds being physically tired is overrated unless it's a true extreme; in this case they'll have almost three days off between games. Mentally spent? I could see that, and the Bacot injury is a big deal. 

But for me, the lack of their ability to watch much film or adequately scout/prepare for us is the biggest impediment for UNC. 

They might not get their gameplan installed because it’ll be tough to get on the floor to practice because…they’re tired. :)

8 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Thankfully the B1G-ACC Challenge is mercifully over after this. 

I didn’t realize this was the last year.

The Big Ten - ACC challenge is one of my favorite pre-conference events. Bummed it is canceled.

Although I like the BT vs ACC for some reason the Gavitt games never floated my boat.

Well, the most recent rankings have dropped UNC down to 18th with us moving up one spot to 10th. Time to go get us a big win on Wed night. BTW, Purdue up to 5th after their victorious gauntlet last week.

11 minutes ago, Redcamaro said:

Well, the most recent rankings have dropped UNC down to 18th with us moving up one spot to 10th. Time to go get us a big win on Wed night. BTW, Purdue up to 5th after their victorious gauntlet last week.

Honestly sounds about right on all 3 teams. We need to prove with big wins. Got 1 at X and another opportunity on Wednesday. 

8 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

I can hear social media now if we blow out UNC without Baccot or Black. But UNC wasn't a full strength, doesn't count, blah, blah, blah!

I don't care what people say on social media. At the end of the year, the computers and selection committee won't remember or care whether they played or not, just who won the game. That's what really matters. Just get the win.