Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Memphis in Las Vegas - Saturday, 11/26/22 @ 9:15 ET

I highly recommend reading this article. Coach Moren spoke as a representative for all the teams that committed to play in this tournament and it is not “ok” to renig on promises made to participants. She understands how important it is to promote women’s basketball. Unfortunately, this tournament was did nothing to advance the game.

Found a replay of the game and just finished watching. Couple thoughts:

• Like to see Scalia tighten it up a bit on shot selection; She’s a shooter, and has a great stroke, but she took 28 shots in the two game Vegas games (made 9/28); that’s a lot of shots on a team with this many weapons. At Minny, she was option 1A and 1B a lot of times, but as a team we shoot over 50% from the field and have an efficiency machine in Mackenzie Holmes down low (22/25 FGs I’m last two games). An adjustment needed from her as we work towards being elite and chasing a final four. 
• Really need to get Kiandra Browne healthy; Mack ran out of gas last year the last three games of conference play and if we don’t get some other bigs to spell her this year could be the same. Coach Moren doesn’t seem to have much faith in Alyssa Geary which I don’t quite understand because she’s been almost a 10p/5r player the last three years and is 6’4”. Hoping Kiandra is nearing a return because we need some depth to stay fresh. 
• We will need Grace back to settle the offense and provide leadership. Nothing official, but did hear it’s gonna keep her out a bit but isn’t season ending which would be a positive. 

Both Brown and Geary needed.  Grace hopefully can recover in December playing out of injury getting it behind her and not be nagged by it the whole season where she is not near 100 or even 90%.  Good point on Scalia.  However, getting to final 4 or even elite 8 the 3 ball has to be at a very high level which…Things definitely need to smooth out into a highly efficient machine.  Every team says the same thing I suppose.