Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Memphis in Las Vegas - Saturday, 11/26/22 @ 9:15 ET

To no one's great surprise, there are no updates on Grace. 

Tonight's game streamed on FloHoops ($).

https://www.flohoops.com/signup?redirect=%2Flive%2F45425&utm_campaign=346585lasvegasinvitat&utm_medium=partner&utm_source=participatingschools&utm_content=participatingschools&rtid=346585&coverage_id=7945962

Radio

Live Stats

Memphis has won four-straight since dropping its season opener, including a win at Southern Illinois on Tuesday night. They are led by fifth year guard Jamirah Shutes with 16. 6 points per game while senior guard Madison Griggs adds 15.8 points per game. Junior guard Emani Jefferson leads on the glass with 6.2 boards per contest. The Tigers, who are averaging 85.8 points per game, will face St. John's in their opener at the Las Vegas Invitational.

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

And there's going to be a further delay in tonight's tipoff.  Austin Render just tweeted that there was a serious injury in the game currently in progress and the start of our game would be "delayed quite a bit".

Just saw this on Twitter.  Hoping for the best but does not sound good.

Las Vegas Invitational (WBB) update: Memphis-Indiana tip-off delayed by a serious injury in the prior game between Auburn & Colorado State to Auburn player Kharyssa Richardason. The wait for emergency medical personnel to arrive at The Mirage is now over 40 minutes.

3 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

40 minutes for EMT's to arrive? What scam artists are running this thing? I hope Dolson isn't relying on that appearance check to clear.

That much time delay is mindboggling to me.  Mrs. OF and I used to go to Vegas for 10-14 days each winter and learned how to navigate around the city quite well and avoid travel on LV Blvd.  Unless there was a disaster of some sort, that's just insane that it would take 45 min. for a response team to arrive.  

Shouldn't any sporting event have independent medical personnel (not team doctors/trainers) on site? Any insurer would require that. If this injury was something more dire like brain/heart related and they had to wait that long for an ambulance, the promoters would lose their @$$ and rightfully so.

5 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Shouldn't any sporting event have independent medical personnel (not team doctors/trainers) on site? Any insurer would require that. If this injury was something more dire like brain/heart related and they had to wait that long for an ambulance, the promoters would lose their @$$ and rightfully so.

I would think they would.

Final IU 79; Memphis 64
Holmes - 27 pts, 5 rebounds
Garzon - 17 pts, 6 rebounds, 4 assists
Scalia - 16 pts, 6 rebounds
Parrish - 10 pts, 7 rebounds, 4 assists
Moore-McNeil - 7 pts, 6 rebounds, 8 assists
Overall, 50.8% from field, 36% from three.

Garzon has been incredible. Holmes too obviously. Really, the starting 5+1. Wishing Berger the best. Want her to be a part of it all.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I posted this in the IUWBB News and Notes thread as well but reports are that Mack will return in 23-24 and use her COVID year.

Post-game story:  https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/mackenzie-holmes-leads-shorthanded-iu-to-win-over-memphis-in-vegas/?fbclid=IwAR1H-lBnLKCGL68R3iHro-pPF90a1g2Jmm39t7jq-q0W6b37qQTjr5mhwHg