Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Jackson State - Friday, 11/25/22 @ 12:30 on BTN

Just now, Honkyman said:

Bates looked today like the player Woodson recruited. If he plays like this consistently he will be getting starter minutes consistently. Hood-Schafino has to work on his shot selection. Otherwise, his play is very good.

Agreed. If he keeps this up Kopp could be in trouble. But then again Kopp is hitting 3s at a great clip 

42 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I do like that in these blowouts that we* have gotten everyone involved.

It’s not just that everyone has been involved, but that everyone (besides Leal, who has been injured) has played solid minutes. 

To have quality depth at nearly every position is only going to benefit us in the quest for championships.

Hope this was the game Tamar starts to really kick into gear. This was the top 30 player IU thought they would eventually get. If he keeps it up he will be starting sooner rather than later. Now..onto UNC. From what I've seen from both teams I'll be a little disappointed if IU can't win this game at Assembly Hall. 

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

UNC has to game plan for a lot of different potential weapons. Which is always a good dilemma to put your opponent in 

True. If it were me, I'd still try to pack it in on TJD and make someone else beat me- fortunately for us that isn't nearly hopeless as it has been in recent years. 

4 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

True. If it were me, I'd still try to pack it in on TJD and make someone else beat me- fortunately for us that isn't nearly hopeless as it has been in recent years. 

Yep.  That’s pretty much has to be an opposing teams strategy.  Hopefully we are able to make it fail like you said 

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

UNC has to game plan for a lot of different potential weapons. Which is always a good dilemma to put your opponent in 

We'll need to defensive rebound better than we have so far. I believe with how we've been playing, how UNC has been playing, and the atmosphere in AH we should get the win. While we have several games against top teams coming up, we haven't exactly played a difficult schedule. (I believe it's one of the worst SOS in the country) We'll get our opportunities soon though!

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

If he keeps this up Kopp could be in trouble

There is something to be said for keeping the second unit together for the first substitution in the first half.  Bates, Geronimo, Reneau, Hood-Schafino, and Galloway when he returns. Then keep playing whoever looks best.

24 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

There is something to be said for keeping the second unit together for the first substitution in the first half.  Bates, Geronimo, Reneau, Hood-Schafino, and Galloway when he returns. Then keep playing whoever looks best.

Yea, wouldn’t be surprised if that second unit stays together.

Did our job!

some tough ones coming up!

Glad to see Bates ball out and look composed.  JHS appears to need another season in Bloomington and I’m here for it.  I think he’s forcing a little bit. He’s capable. I like him shooting open 3s.  His shot selection otherwise has been NOT SO great!  

Mostly I’m worried about TJD.  He looked very hampered in his posture and speed.  I want him healthy for the big boys.  We going to need him. 

Kudos to X for playing some smart and great basketball!  Happy for him and us. 

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Miller Kopp press conference assigned words:

Tamar — “Trombone”

X — “Dinosaur”

I love seeing them do something like this. Nothing wrong with having fun while playing the game of basketball. No need to suck the joy out of it. During stretches of this game IU was a thing of beauty. If the word or phrase is a Kopp thing, then that shows another aspect of his value to this team.