Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Little Rock - Wednesday, 11/23/22 @ 6:30 on BTN

Playing in a game the night before Thanksgiving and no atmosphere and without 3 players I will take the win.  In the past when we struggled against this type of appointment it was be a 65-52 game. At least this team can put up points even when we struggle.

7 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Hope so, but not so sure about that. He has the size and potential that NBA teams love.

He certainly has potential but I don't like his shot selection.  His decision making with his shooting seriously concerns me.

29 minutes ago, Josh said:

You've been to Doe's Eat Place?

And it's a chain now?  It's been 20 years since I've been there but I'll never forget it.  I spent a month in Little Rock and ate there probably 10 times.

Yeah - there are a few good eateries there, that’s one

I couldn’t watch the game. As long as TJD is fine good to get the team the run tonight. Let the guys figure how to fight and dig deep.  Gonna need that toughness once we get into Big 10 season and TJD is given some fouls for “reasons”. Pretty sure the ref in Champagne already called one on him. 

17 minutes ago, Josh said:

He certainly has potential but I don't like his shot selection.  His decision making with his shooting seriously concerns me.

I'm with you on that. Feels like he's looking for a reason to shoot- which is a concern for an average shooting PG- and then for the 'wow' pass instead of the smart/easy play. I'm not down on him, he has some maturity and tools for sure., just want him to play and not try to live up to a ranking or expectations. 

19 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Hood-Schifino cannot continue to turn it over and take bad shots at his current rate.

I wonder what his legacy ends up being a IU. Like Noah Vonleh never knew ya player? Or hangs for an insane Sophomore year and we all fall in love with him due to throwing the team on his back. 

Made it Home safely. Just want to rant a little. The crowd was pretty dull. I had isle seats in section M and missed a good chunk of the game due to people constantly getting and slowly walking up the stairs or just standing at the stairs. A couple with like 3 teenagers I would say missed 1/2 of the game constantly getting up and actually left the game with 10 mins left in the game. What is the point of spending all that money to come to a game and not even watch it. I understand getting up at a timeout, believe I take my kids and they always have to go to the bathroom, but there was a constant shuffle up and down the stairs the entire game. Ok I feel better now. Lots to improve on, young guys need more time, got to get on top of the injury bug, and someone put Race in some bubble wrap!

Xavier’s dribble move then assist to Race towards the end was one of the prettiest plays I’ve seen at Indiana all time. That was a beaut.

JHS keeps forcing. You can tell he’s close. He needs to be better. Uber talented. Gotta get Reneau and Geronimo a lot of minutes in every game. Race was solid.

Underwhelming game to some extent, but all things considered it was fine.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Playing in a game the night before Thanksgiving and no atmosphere and without 3 players I will take the win.  In the past when we struggled against this type of appointment it was be a 65-52 game. At least this team can put up points even when we struggle.

No rest....game again on Friday.

I have to say as much I like watching IU and wish they were on every night, I'm not a fan of this tight schedule early on from a player's perspective.  If it were a tournament like Maui I get that you are going to be playing a lot of games in a short amount of time, but I think playing four games in an eight day span by decision isn't the best.

5 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I have to say as much I like watching IU and wish they were on every night, I'm not a fan of this tight schedule early on from a player's perspective.  If it were a tournament like Maui I get that you are going to be playing a lot of games in a short amount of time, but I think playing four games in an eight day span by decision isn't the best.

I agree with this. Especially not a fan for the freshmen 

On 11/23/2022 at 10:50 PM, 8bucks said:

Not worried about JHS. I like him being aggressive now even with the mistakes. If still the same player at the end of the year then concerned but not at all now 

Until he takes bad shots against good teams and we lose in large part because he settles and tries to do things he can't.  You'll care then.