Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Little Rock - Wednesday, 11/23/22 @ 6:30 on BTN

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Great news fellas!  JHS will not be a one and done.  Probably not even 2 and done.  We'll see him in an Indiana jersey for a while

Highly doubt that (2 and done) but if he's back next season we're going to be pretty strong with the young guys

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Little Rock has the best restaurant I've ever been to.  If you're ever there go to Doe's Eat Place.

Otherwise eff that city and that team.

Next!

Been there! There's  really good seafood place called Flying Fish - excellent. I stop over in Little R on the drive to Nashville when driving with my daughter back to college

9 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Been there! There's  really good seafood place called Flying Fish - excellent. I stop over in Little R on the drive to Nashville when driving with my daughter back to college

You've been to Doe's Eat Place?

9 minutes ago, Southside said:

Yup. Few locations across the SE. Great stuff. 

And it's a chain now?  It's been 20 years since I've been there but I'll never forget it.  I spent a month in Little Rock and ate there probably 10 times.

30 minutes ago, Josh said:

Great news fellas!  JHS will not be a one and done.  Probably not even 2 and done.  We'll see him in an Indiana jersey for a while

Hope so, but not so sure about that. He has the size and potential that NBA teams love.

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

You've been to Doe's Eat Place?

And it's a chain now?  It's been 20 years since I've been there but I'll never forget it.  I spent a month in Little Rock and ate there probably 10 times.

I'd call it a very limited "franchise". IIRC, the LR location is the 2nd or 3rd. The original location is Miss I think. Been to both. Both are well known in the SE. Long time ago though. 

Just now, Southside said:

I'd call it a very limited "franchise". IIRC, the LR location is the 2nd or 3rd. The original location is Miss I think. Been to both. Both are well known in the SE. Long time ago though. 

Ok, nevermind my last post then.  I love that place

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Ok, nevermind my last post then.  I love that place

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Looks like there's a couple different restaurants with the same name maybe.  A chain and then the Little Rock one with no connection.  Just a hole in the wall with the best damn steaks ever

https://doeseatplacelr.com/

I heard the whole story/history 10+ years ago. 

I stopped there, with a business associate (who frequented the place and knew the manager or owner). In short, the original place became a local legend. Tiny hole in the wall place with huge/great rep. The founder agreed to sell limited franchises to "family run" owners with specific stipulations. The places are well known to travelling SEC sport fans. Kind of a SEC secret...