Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: POTFB | 11/26 @ 3:30 on BTN

2 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

^This.  Curious what he is targeting in the portal, the staff's recent recruitment targets have largely been JUCO's a clear transition to immediate fixes across the field.

I hope I am wrong but I question the quality of JUCO’s, and portal guys, we land as we have no momentum and no NIL $$$$.  What’s the draw?

Just now, DChoosier said:

I hope I am wrong but I question the quality of JUCO’s, and portal guys, we land as we have no momentum and no NIL $$$$.  What’s the draw?

Agree 100% - they are lottery tickets, sometimes they hit (Cam Camper, Weston Kramer) sometimes they don't (Connor Bazelak, Jaren Handy). This staff hasn't shown a strong enough hit rate to base an offseason strategy on it for me- but I'm just a guy behind a laptop, the hell do I know?

1 hour ago, Whoozhers said:

We’ve seen enough. Allen has got to go. Time to get the next victim in as IU Head football coach and let him fizzle in 4 to 5 years.

Will the circle ever be unbroken?

Well, technically it is unbroken but I know what you mean. Question is, will we ever break it and dig out of the hole?

1 hour ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Agree 100% - they are lottery tickets, sometimes they hit (Cam Camper, Weston Kramer) sometimes they don't (Connor Bazelak, Jaren Handy). This staff hasn't shown a strong enough hit rate to base an offseason strategy on it for me- but I'm just a guy behind a laptop, the hell do I know?

The more depressing part is our dependence on the transfers.  Like, we have so little faith in developing our recruits that we have to take a chance on people elsewhere.

Our problem with transfers is we don't get the top of the portal players. We don't get the players who might be a second stringer from a powet conference who is being blocked by another 5 star players. Say an OL from Georgia beas a 5 star but has 2 other 5 star players in front of him. He will transfer to another power program that needs a starter.

What we get is the 3rd or 4th string that will never see meaningful playing time at a power program.

12 hours ago, DChoosier said:

The possibility of playing in the Rose Bowl if UCLA and IU ever play in California? (Not the one on New Year's Day, though.)  Or, or, maybe...LEO?  

Do I get another guess?  No?

Well, what should IU do?  Recruit Indiana?  Yeah, that's it.  Go head to head with Purdue and Notre Dame.  OK, go out of state?  Been there, done that.

Or, once again, look very closely at the OC and DC and those in charge of recruiting.  Or consider enlisting a really good plan to get better at certain positions.  Or look closely at why IU does not have stability at the QB position.  Or think about why IU runs a plethora of back up the middle 4 or 5 plays in a row and telegraphs to the other team that we are doing just that.   Or get a quality safety in the defensive backfield...and train him properly.  Or find out why IU cannot get or train linemen to protect the backs.

And after that, I would realize that IU is not yet ready or prepared to make the investment and to get the personnel in the right place to make IU really competitive in B1G football.  Reflect on what IU has done with the last 3 football HCs.

After OSU's loss to UM, again...do you think that Kevin Wilson as OC over there...might just be looking for a move? /s

Maybe, we could just get Urban Meyer over here for $20 million a year and cheat our way to at least being competitive. /s   

But the latter would take donors stupid enough to cough up $100 million over the next few .  Yeah, Cuban or Musk or Gates or we will do that.  Right?  /s

Actually, just maybe we should be more focused on the primary purpose of this public institution of higher learning.  Can we help educate every individual for the greater good of individuals and society?