Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Miami (OH) - Sunday, 11/20/22 @ 5:30 on BTN

6 hours ago, IUc2016 said:

https://www.insidethehall.com/2022-2023-indiana-basketball-stats/

Updated stats through 4 games. JHS is shooting 33% from the field, 30% from 3, and 55% from the free throw line while averaging 7.5 ppg and 4.5 assists/1.8TO. Hopefully the overall FG % can tick up to at least the low-mid 40s.

He has looked steady, but def not like a one-done to this point. 

Part of the issue so far is he’s 2/10 at the rim, which I would guess is random statistical noise: https://hoop-math.com/Indiana2023.php

by contrast he’s been 6/13 on 2 point jumpers, a much tougher shot. Small guards tend to struggle at the rim, but JHS isn’t small. Still may not be a one and done but if we assume he’d been better at the cup thus far the shooting numbers would look less bad.

I was worried about 3s, and 30% out there isn’t great…but if you told me I could lock him in at 30% from 3 for the year, I’d consider taking it.

That certainly sounds like something to associate with Crean and Archie. Little surprised Sampson didn’t snag one 
In their defense how many chances did they get. Not a lot of Non-Con road games for anyone inside the top 40. There's always some but there's also years where you have zero of those opportunities

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

In their defense how many chances did they get. Not a lot of Non-Con road games for anyone inside the top 40. There's always some but there's also years where you have zero of those opportunities

They were choosing to not have those opportunities 

I’m curious these good coaches that are afraid to play on the road 

This year in the B1G alone: Illinois will not play a true road game in NonCon, Maryland (B1G/ACC/Assigned), Michigan none, Michigan St none....I'll just stop here as I think the point is clear.

Edit: those were 1st 4 schedules I looked at

3 hours ago, rcs29 said:

This year in the B1G alone: Illinois will not play a true road game in NonCon, Maryland (B1G/ACC/Assigned), Michigan none, Michigan St none....I'll just stop here as I think the point is clear.

Edit: those were 1st 4 schedules I looked at

So you listed a team that has one and then only looked at one year for 4 teams. 

I think the thing is we have different definitions of good. And I guess I will be more clear what I mean. Good means winning NCs to me  Not placing top 4 in the big ten 

So you listed a team that has one and then only looked at one year for 4 teams. 

I think the thing is we have different definitions of good. And I guess I will be more clear what I mean. Good means winning NCs to me  Not placing top 4 in the big ten 

The one that has one was not a "choice". Kansas also has one arranged road game (not a choice). That fit your criteria? North Carolina has one arranged (not a choice). Just keep your smart @$$ retort to yourself this time. You asked a question and I responded with an answer, albeit one that didn't fit your requirements apparently.

2 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

The one that has one was not a "choice". Kansas also has one arranged road game (not a choice). That fit your criteria? North Carolina has one arranged (not a choice). Just keep your smart @$$ retort to yourself this time. You asked a question and I responded with an answer, albeit one that didn't fit your requirements apparently.

Are you upset that you made a claim and now can’t back it up?  You definitely seem upset 

Kansas is literally coming to IU next year and has often played gauntlets in the ooc.  UNC has a new coach who hasn’t proved anything yet. Their NC winning coach scheduled road games.  So that backs up my point. Self and Williams schedule road games 

2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I'm way late to the party here but Banks looked really good in limited minutes.

Agree! Been waiting for a wing like him. A long, athletic, shot maker! Future looks bright. 

On 11/21/2022 at 12:16 PM, Brass Cannon said:

That certainly sounds like something to associate with Crean and Archie. Little surprised Sampson didn’t snag one 

Maybe our only chance was when we lost a close one at Uconn for our 1st loss in Gordons season.