Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Miami (OH) - Sunday, 11/20/22 @ 5:30 on BTN

Big day Sunday for IU sports.  Soccer team takes on St. Louis at noon.  IUWBB hosts Quinnipiac at 1:00 and later in the day the men host Miami (not FL).  And to enhance your viewing pleasure Matt Schumacker and Stephen Bardo will be on the call.

Indiana University continues its 123rd season of competition in men's basketball with the first of three matchups in the second-annual Hoosier Classic. The Hoosiers will host Miami (Ohio) at 5:30 p.m. ET on Nov. 20 at Gainbridge Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. The game will be broadcasted on BTN.

The RedHawks are coached by first-year head coach Travis Steele, who was part of the Indiana staff from the 2006-08.

Series History
• Sunday's matchup marks the 25th between the two schools. Indiana holds a 21-3 advantage in the series. The Hoosiers have won five-straight against the RedHawks including the most recent meeting between the sides on Dec. 10, 1994.

• The game will be the first between the two teams not played in either Oxford, Ohio or Bloomington, Ind., since March 15, 1958. Indiana won that contest 98-91 in the Mideast Region Third Place Game of the 1958 NCAA Tournament in Lexington. Hoosier Classic History
• The Hoosiers are 3-0 all time as hosts of the Hoosier Classic. This season's field includes Jackson State, Little Rock, and Miami (Ohio)

• Indiana defeated Louisiana (76-44), Jackson State (70-35), and Marshall (90-79) to win the in-season tournament a season ago.

•Then junior forward Trayce Jackson-Davis led the Hoosiers with 21.7 points on 27-of-39 shooting (69.2%), 5.0 rebounds, and 3.7 blocks per game in the three-game series. TJD capped the tournament with a historic 43-point performance in the victory over Marshall.

Last Time Out
• Senior forward Trayce Jackson-Davis scored 30 points, the second most of his career in a true road contest, in Indiana's 81-79 victory over RV/RV Xavier on Friday night. He converted 13-of-16 shots from the floor and added six rebounds with three blocked shots. The All-American has converted 22-of-26 (84.6%) shots from the field in the last two games.

• Fifth-year senior guard Xavier Johnson turned in his best performance of the season with 23 points, seven rebounds, two assists, and one steal. He made 7-of-8 shots from the floor and drew eight Musketeer fouls.

• True freshman forward Malik Reneau continued his strong start to his collegiate career with 12 points and six boards.

Bench Mob
• The Hoosier bench has outscored opponents 109-32 through three games. The second unit has accounted for 40.4% of IU's scoring output this season.

• True freshman forward Malik Reneau and junior forward Jordan Geronimo are second and fifth, respectively, in scoring on the Hoosiers this season. The frontcourt duo averages 19.3 points and 7.3 rebounds per contest on 24-of-35 shooting (68.6%) from the floor.

• Sophomore guard Tamar Bates and sophomore guard Trey Galloway lead the second unit backcourt. The guards have combined for a 4-1 assist-turnover ratio and are shooting 4-of-11 (36.4%) from the 3-point line this season.

Miller Time
• Fifth-year senior forward Miller Kopp has knocked down seven 3-pointers in the early stages of the season. He is hitting the long ball at a 58.3% clip (7-of-12) to open the season.
• He knocked down a critical 3-point field goal to extend Indiana's lead to eight with 2:25 to play in the road victory over Xavier on Nov. 18.

Reneau for Two
• True freshman forward Malik Reneau leads all Hoosiers in bench points (36), rebounds (15), and blocks (3) despite only seeing 16.3 minutes of run per outing.

I hope the scoreboard operator puts up Bardo's top 5 Freshman everytime JHS hits a 15-25' shot, and everytime Malik takes the Miami bigs to "school" on how to play the post, and rebound.

(In case you missed it, Bardo left JHS & Mr. MR of his list)

Kinda like "Mister" for Malik as a nickname....

Interesting game tomorrow.   Not sure if they did it on purpose or not but the quick turnaround simulates the first week of the tournament.   play a game, rest a day and then play the next day.   Never a bad thing to let them see how that feels.    If IU wins tomorrow they will have done something in the first 4 games of this year that they didn’t to until Jan 17th last year.    A win here will be their second win away from home already in only 4 games.   While this game doesn’t do much from a NET perspective if you win it does serve a purpose of providing a neutral court win.  

IU played the team that fired Travis Steele last game and will play the team that hired him tomorrow.   

6 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Is there some reason this game is at Gainbridge? I know it's part of some Hoosier event, but a 5:30 tipoff on a Sunday at a neutral site is kind of strange. 

Woody wants to play a game in Indy every year.    Also it provides a neutral court win on their resume.  

hey y'all..

Ricky checkin' in..

Before I verbally assassinate this basketball program, let me begin by thanking those of you for your thoughts and prayers..

My anus removal went great.

After numerous conversations with my doctor, my wife, and Donald Trump, I decided to have my anus permanently taken out, in an attempt to defeat my bowel disease once and for all. 

Yes, I can still sh*t..

I am currently undergoing physical therapy that will make it almost second nature to release feces from my belly button.

In other great news, I'm headed south this week, as I'll be visiting my dear friend StuHoo for Thanksgiving, and rumor has it, his wife makes a cobbler that will knock your balls off.

As for this team?

We suck @$$.

I'll take those fake Floridians by 69.

Go Hoosiers.

- Barrel Rick, 2022. sponsored by Hormel Chili

Not a huge fan of such a short break between regular season games but good practice for the team.  Better win this game regardless hopefully Trayce and the other starters can play 25 minutes or less and rest up 
I'd rather have the short turnaround against Miami(Ohio) than Kansas or NC.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Barrel Rick said:

hey y'all..

Ricky checkin' in..

Before I verbally assassinate this basketball program, let me begin by thanking those of you for your thoughts and prayers..

My anus removal went great.

After numerous conversations with my doctor, my wife, and Donald Trump, I decided to have my anus permanently taken out, in an attempt to defeat my bowel disease once and for all. 

Yes, I can still sh*t..

I am currently undergoing physical therapy that will make it almost second nature to release feces from my belly button.

In other great news, I'm headed south this week, as I'll be visiting my dear friend StuHoo for Thanksgiving, and rumor has it, his wife makes a cobbler that will knock your balls off.

As for this team?

We suck @$$.

I'll take those fake Floridians by 69.

Go Hoosiers.

- Barrel Rick, 2022. sponsored by Hormel Chili

Hope you get your stuff together, soon.  That's got to be a pain in the *rump.  Just remember that your sh!t is that doctor's bread and butter.  And don't let that orange-looking fellow get too close a peak at your wounds.  I hear he eats that burger-like substance like it is fast food. Just don't link any videos of your surgery.  

Hey, don't diss our team.  They be winning this year and going places.  If Xavier J keeps his head then maybe Kopp with start hitting more than 2 3's a game.  And Race is going to do what Race does and not only be a glue guy but will complement TJD and hit 2 3's a game, too. And those freshmen at the end of the year won't be freshmen anymore.

And when IU beats the Jay Hacks...you will see Coach Woodsen actually get excited.  Wouldn't that be something to take the Lax out of the ExLax?  Well, you know what I mean?  Amirightorwhat!?

6 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Interesting game tomorrow.   Not sure if they did it on purpose or not but the quick turnaround simulates the first week of the tournament.   play a game, rest a day and then play the next day.   Never a bad thing to let them see how that feels.    If IU wins tomorrow they will have done something in the first 4 games of this year that they didn’t to until Jan 17th last year.    A win here will be their second win away from home already in only 4 games.   While this game doesn’t do much from a NET perspective if you win it does serve a purpose of providing a neutral court win.  

IU played the team that fired Travis Steele last game and will play the team that hired him tomorrow.   

Only difference is that in the tournament you don't have to have a travel day, like we have.

We've had 2 really easy games and one tough game ag Xavier, but some early, encouraging stats

- 72.5% FT shooting so far

- 38.3% 3-pt shooting so far

- Our 90 PPG so far is good for 18th in the country (and we're not the only team to play a couple weak teams so far)

- 57.1% FG's - 3rd in the country

- JHS may not be shooting well so far, but he's leading us with 5.3 apg, and he can shoot, that will prob show soon

- We're allowing only 22.7 boards so far, 5th best in country, and that's with JG not playing as much as he will, which will grow the boards

59 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

There’s an IU logo at midcourt and everything. 

We're the "hosts" for the Hoosier Classic. Only fitting we make look like it's a home game