Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Bowling Green - Thursday, 11/17/22 @ 7:00 on B1G+

An unrelated halftime update: the one Big+ announcer has the enthusiasm of a middle school librarian. Mr. Monotone. If he’s a student and this is his chosen career path I wonder how he came to that decision ?

*Though, I do give bonus points to the other one for his use of “she was as open as a Minnesota grocery store during a blizzard.” Ha. 

Not much to take away from the third quarter in a blowout up 30. But Kaitlin Peterson has a nice spark and could sneak into some backup PG minutes behind Chloe. Scalia needs to be a little more selective from deep. Parrish is a starter. Grace is good at basketball. 

Final score 96-61.      Final stats at:      http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=431301          

Sunday at 1:00 we'll host Quinnipiac and then head for Las Vegas for a Friday (25th) game against Auburn and a Saturday (26th) game against Memphis in the Las Vegas Invitational.

Early non-obvious takeaways from me: 

• Meister has a little Mackenzie Holmes look to her game. She’s young and will mature behind the core group of talent in front of her this year, but good looking future for her I think. 
• Like Kaitlin Peterson’s quickness and defense as a change of pace behind Chloe potentially this season. We have a long athletic starting five, but Peterson has a speed we don’t have that could be key to have when we get into a matchup with a smaller, quick PG on the opposition. 
• Grace Berger will play WNBA basketball and will be very difficult to replace. 
• Mack is fantastic, but misses some bunnies, love to see her continue to get better around then rim and stay fresh this year down the stretch with our depth we now have. 

This team is GOATish of Indiana hoops. So many pieces. Great coach. Fun

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I might be speaking up a Little early, but they pass the vaunted WayneFleek eye test. And that says somethin’.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

12 hours ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Early non-obvious takeaways from me: 

• Meister has a little Mackenzie Holmes look to her game. She’s young and will mature behind the core group of talent in front of her this year, but good looking future for her I think. 
• Like Kaitlin Peterson’s quickness and defense as a change of pace behind Chloe potentially this season. We have a long athletic starting five, but Peterson has a speed we don’t have that could be key to have when we get into a matchup with a smaller, quick PG on the opposition. 
• Grace Berger will play WNBA basketball and will be very difficult to replace. 
• Mack is fantastic, but misses some bunnies, love to see her continue to get better around then rim and stay fresh this year down the stretch with our depth we now have. 

I think Kaitlin's defense can for sure be useful. Just to even "wear the other PG out". 

Geary is also quite a bit better than Browne, at minimum simply more effective because of her height and length, she even hit a spot-up 3 last night. Solid form, and all. Our top 7 are GOOD, sprinkle in Kaitlin and Lexus for defensive purposes in big games.

I also think Henna Sandvik is going to be a good one for us, next year and beyond.  

43 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Geary is also quite a bit better than Browne, at minimum simply more effective because of her height and length, she even hit a spot-up 3 last night. Solid form, and all.

I agree with the other comments. Geary brings size but she seems tentative, whereas Browne brings a ton of energy and hustle.  I'm not sure I would call one better than the other. I think when Browne is back it will come down to what we need in a given moment. 

39 minutes ago, triple said:

I agree with the other comments. Geary brings size but she seems tentative, whereas Browne brings a ton of energy and hustle.  I'm not sure I would call one better than the other. I think when Browne is back it will come down to what we need in a given moment. 

I don't agree with your assessment of Browne's overall play and impact. That's ok though. Great roster, lots of options! 

Noticed on Twitter a little riff from AJ Guyton towards Moren.  I really like AJ but this isn’t fair. He also said Moren has a “TYPE” of player she likes and I’m smart enough to figure out that reference. Anyway, best for this to blow right on by, and AJ not to hold a grudge. 

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Noticed on Twitter a little riff from AJ Guyton towards Moren.  I really like AJ but this isn’t fair. He also said Moren has a “TYPE” of player she likes and I’m smart enough to figure out that reference. Anyway, best for this to blow right on by, and AJ not to hold a grudge. 

Yeah, I saw all that too. Not a good look on AJ, at all. Why do parents voice SO MUCH on social media? 

43 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't agree with your assessment of Browne's overall play and impact. That's ok though. Great roster, lots of options! 

Browne, based on last year, is more physical than Geary and will fit in when we need a big to body up.  Geary has length and will be the better fit when we need close-outs or the other teams bigs are not physical.  

Also, agree with "lots of options"

Just now, Todd41 said:

Browne, based on last year, is more physical than Geary and will fit in when we need a big to body up.  Geary has length and will be the better fit when we need close-outs or the other teams bigs are not physical.  

I don't see it that way at all. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't see it that way at all. 

You may be right.  Hard to say as I am only basing Geary on her time against Tennessee which really is not many minutes, and I may be putting more hope in Browne's growth over the summer.

2 minutes ago, Todd41 said:

You may be right.  Hard to say as I am only basing Geary on her time against Tennessee which really is not many minutes, and I may be putting more hope in Browne's growth over the summer.

I get it. No worries. I am a firm believer in that you cannot have enough talent/playable parts. Hopefully KB is ready to go when healthy. She seems like a great teammate on the bench.