Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Bowling Green - Thursday, 11/17/22 @ 7:00 on B1G+

Indiana University basketball is the real deal!

Radio

Live Stats

BGSU opened the season with a pair of wins over St. Bonaventure (77-61) and Wright State (102-72). Senior guard Elissa Brett is leading the way with 18.0 points and 7.5 rebounds per game. She is joined in double figures by junior Nyla Hampton (15.5 ppg) and senior forward Allison Day (13.5 ppg.). The Falcons are set to finish third in the MAC this season with a pair of preseason All-MAC second team selections in junior guard Lexi Fleming and senior forward Kadie Hempfling.  

Bowling Green will see a familiar face on the Indiana sideline on Thursday night in the program's Hall of Famer and current IU director of operations Liz Honegger. Honegger is one of the program's most decorated players who made 127 career stats from 2003-07 where she helped them to a 103-25 overall record, two-time All-MAC selection and finished her college career as the school's record holder in 3-point field goals made and blocked shots. She is still currently the program's seventh all-time leading scorer with 1,522 career points.

22 minutes ago, IndianaHoops said:

I'm surprised there isn't more forum activity for Indiana womens basketball?  Is this the only forum?

Welcome to the board!

As an independent board full of engaged, opinionated, and extremely charming :) fans of the IU women's team, there's a very active full women's board here with a bunch of threads on games, recruiting, and team takes. For instance, the IU/Tenn game thread alone had about 100 posts and a ton of views.

Feel free to jump in; we're always looking for insight on this outstanding team!

21 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Indiana University basketball is the real deal!

Radio

Live Stats

BGSU opened the season with a pair of wins over St. Bonaventure (77-61) and Wright State (102-72). Senior guard Elissa Brett is leading the way with 18.0 points and 7.5 rebounds per game. She is joined in double figures by junior Nyla Hampton (15.5 ppg) and senior forward Allison Day (13.5 ppg.). The Falcons are set to finish third in the MAC this season with a pair of preseason All-MAC second team selections in junior guard Lexi Fleming and senior forward Kadie Hempfling.  

Bowling Green will see a familiar face on the Indiana sideline on Thursday night in the program's Hall of Famer and current IU director of operations Liz Honegger. Honegger is one of the program's most decorated players who made 127 career stats from 2003-07 where she helped them to a 103-25 overall record, two-time All-MAC selection and finished her college career as the school's record holder in 3-point field goals made and blocked shots. She is still currently the program's seventh all-time leading scorer with 1,522 career points.

That's a pretty good resume for Bowling Green.

Is this a potential trap game after the Tennessee awesomeness? 

Our do Teri Moren and this team solely believe in focused excellence and are therefore impervious to trap games?

43 minutes ago, IndianaHoops said:

I'm surprised there isn't more forum activity for Indiana womens basketball?  Is this the only forum?

A sincere and hearty welcome to btb.  Hope you enjoy your stay and that we'll see you as a frequent poster.

Each game will have its own game thread as you've discovered.  Also, each young lady that commits to our program will have a thread devoted to her, i.e, Julianna LaMendola

https://btownbanners.com/topic/13525-2023-g-julianna-lamendola/?tab=comments#comment-748309

We also have a general IUWBB news and notes thread:  https://btownbanners.com/topic/12439-iuwbb-news-and-notes/?page=23

A random IUWBB recruiting thread:  https://btownbanners.com/topic/10222-random-iuwbb-recruiting/?page=15

A thread for the weekly women's bball polls:  https://btownbanners.com/topic/9969-iuwbb-apcoaches-poll/?page=7

Read to your heart's content and thanks for signing on.

Not a trap game….could be thoughts of  inserting S P. into starting lineup though she is playing like a starter if T. Moren feels it’s time in her transitional process from O to IU.  and Garzon will continue to get just has many minutes…Garzon knee may have got bang a little bit in Tennessee game.

Ugh. Another Big Ten Plus game.

I’ll have to watch this one later when it airs on the Big Ten station I pay for. Is it safe to assume the Big Ten Network will later grant the viewing pleasure of one of its best women’s teams to those who pay for the premium channel (and by that, I mean the BTN because BTN Plus is only “premium” in the additional sports and games, and is by no means premium content)?

Good to see everyone back in the game chats again this year. Sorry I’ve missed the first few games. Prior obligations. Should be a fun season though. Hoping we use the next few games to get Garzon and Parrish humming within the offense. Think they’re going to be necessary contributors for us to go from good to potentially great by seasons end. 

1 minute ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Good to see everyone back in the game chats again this year. Sorry I’ve missed the first few games. Prior obligations. Should be a fun season though. Hoping we use the next few games to get Garzon and Parrish humming within the offense. Think they’re going to be necessary contributors for us to go from good to potentially great by seasons end. 

They are humming.

The Scalia, Parrish, Garzon, McNeill three point shooting fest is gonna win some games in and of itself.

6 hours ago, TTT said:

Not a trap game….could be thoughts of  inserting S P. into starting lineup though she is playing like a starter if T. Moren feels it’s time in her transitional process from O to IU.  and Garzon will continue to get just has many minutes…Garzon knee may have got bang a little bit in Tennessee game.

Hope not. She's better off the bench, I think. 

Just now, Stuhoo said:

They are humming.

The Scalia, Parrish, Garzon, McNeill three point shooting fest is gonna win some games in and of itself.

Agree they’ve been good so far, but they’re still only three games into a season with a new team. When I say humming, I mean, fully integrated running on all cylinders. I think there’s a higher ceiling for both when they get comfortable and the team better understands how to play with them. They’re solid now, but to be “we could potentially beat UCONN or South Carolina in a final four game” good, we’ll need even more from them. 

34 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Hope not. She's better off the bench, I think. 

Agree to the extent at this point whatever is working…and if it’s not broken no point in trying to fix it for now.  Could Garzon be better off the bench as well?

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The good:  39-17 at the midway point of the 2nd Q and Scalia already with 13p on 3-4 3-pointers.   The bad:  Berger and Parrish both with 2 fouls.  The ugly:  10 TOs

Blowout win + teaching points? A coach’s dream.

At the half we have a 49-21 lead.

The sharpness we exhibited against Tennessee is lacking tonight but BGU can't begin to match the level of talent we have on our roster.

Points:  Scalia 13; Berger 8; Parrish 7; Holmes 6; Chloe and Geary each with 5.            58% FG     45.5% on 3s     73% FT

Reb:  Parrish 7; Holmes 5; Chloe and Garzon each with 4.

Assts:  Scalia and Berger each with 3.

Peterson has gotten 7 min. and Meister and Bargesser each 2 min. of action.