Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB at Xavier - Friday, 11/18/22 @ 6:00 on FS1

10 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

This was a pickem game for betters, the line was like 1.5, and we were over the projected point total by a good bit, and overcame horrible officiating and a rough 1st half against a good Xavier team. 
That’s a good start to the real games

Source: had it

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yep.  Play race and see if he’s Super Race and if not ride Malik the rest of the game otherwise 

The let Kopp play no matter what is a little concerning to me but it’s just 1 game, experience helped in this road game, same applies to Race i guess but his offense was def off

That was an incredible game. Played tough. I generally liked who got the minutes and when.

X was X-ceptional but the boneheaded plays…….nearly cost us a W.

I think Geronimo needs more run. Some of Galloways minutes maybe.

Bates, X, Geronimo make a lot of bad decisions. I really want Bates to be better. Geronimo is plenty good. He’ll get a lot of minutes. Reneau needs to play a TON. Not sure what that means for Race.

JHS didn’t ever get a benefit of the doubt whistle. But he was rough. Maybe a little nervous. I expect he’ll be better but if the one n done talk is going to continue a lot will need to change in the bigger games. I want him back 1 Mo season anyhow, so we’ll see.

Love winning. Road wins are extra sweet!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

7 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I missed most of the first half. Was there a reason Geronimo only played 5 minutes? 

Was he pretty bad in the time he did get? 

TJD, XJ, and Reneau had great to fantastic games

JHS and Galloway contributed positively

Race, My bad, and Geronimo were poor to awful

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That was an incredible game. Played tough. I generally liked who got the minutes and when.

X was X-ceptional but the boneheaded plays…….nearly cost us a W.

I think Geronimo needs more run. Some of Galloways minutes maybe.

Bates, X, Geronimo make a lot of bad decisions. I really want Bates to be better. Geronimo is plenty good. He’ll get a lot of minutes. Reneau needs to play a TON. Not sure what that means for Race.

JHS didn’t ever get a benefit of the doubt whistle. But he was rough. Maybe a little nervous. I expect he’ll be better but if the one n done talk is going to continue a lot will need to change in the bigger games. I want him back 1 Mo season anyhow, so we’ll see.

Love winning. Road wins are extra sweet!

Agree all around, and very happy with this road win

7 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

I call foul on this:
“We aren’t as deep as we thought we were. *tear*”

First road game. First legitimate opponent. We have underclassmen getting significant run. As far as I’m concerned, this was the best possible scenario going into a gauntlet of a schedule. We won the game. And we also won some good teaching moments for our guys, and we have a coach that can actually do the teaching.

My vote: Chill out and take the W.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Let's teach them not to run to the corner to inbound while being pressed. We had a timeout and then did it again. Awesome.

Let's teach/recruit to actually make shots outside the paint, that includes FTs.

Let's teach them out of the dumb basketball that's happened for over a year now.

Happy with the win and the teaching opportunities that exist now have existed for a hot minute, nothing new.

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Let's teach them not to run to the corner to inbound while being pressed. We had a timeout and then did it again. Awesome.

Let's teach/recruit to actually make shots outside the paint, that includes FTs.

Let's teach them out of the dumb basketball that's happened for over a year now.

Happy with the win and the teaching opportunities that exist now have existed for a hot minute, nothing new.

It's all about the E&E!? 

….and that’s exactly what games like this help correct for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The intensity level of that game was top 3 of all games so far this season. Zags at Texas and IU at X had the toughest road environments so far.

That Texas environment was fantastic! Wonder if they’ll sustain that level of excitement around the program or if it was just the first game at a new arena.