Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB at Xavier - Friday, 11/18/22 @ 6:00 on FS1

1. Our freshman have great fundies. Hopefully Reneau can better his free throws.

2. XJ- my god. You got the dawg in you but you really do make stupid plays at times.

3. Away game in a intense crowd. Love it. Does nothing but give our players confidence moving forward after getting the W. 

4. Do is our rock, but as the season progresses our offense could be special as well. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Good win. We don’t have near the depth that some people thought we had, but that’s ok. The best teams ride their best guys. Find your top 7 (maybe 8) and play the others as foul troubles/injuries require. 

IMO, our starters stunk early (and some late too).

Kopp gave us a ton of empty minutes. Horrible until the 3pt.

JHS and Race underwhelmed, but Race at least rebounded. 

I need to go back and watch the play…but was yelling at Kopp for passing the ball to a Freshman Reneau in that situation knowing they are going to foul. 

I have confidence in Malik to stroke those…but first road game as a freshman in hostile environment to hit big free throws. Tough for the young man. 

That said…they didn’t have an answer for Malik. His need to be on the court is evident…

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I missed most of the first half. Was there a reason Geronimo only played 5 minutes? 

Was he pretty bad in the time he did get? 

No better or worse than race. 

but Malik is On another level and needs 25 minutes so that’s why 

I call foul on this:
“We aren’t as deep as we thought we were. *tear*”

First road game. First legitimate opponent. We have underclassmen getting significant run. As far as I’m concerned, this was the best possible scenario going into a gauntlet of a schedule. We won the game. And we also won some good teaching moments for our guys, and we have a coach that can actually do the teaching.

My vote: Chill out and take the W.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

13 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

I agree we don’t have the depth. But I do think it being the first road game in a huge environment makes it seem worse than reality. 

play this game in Bloomington and some of the younger guys have better games. 

Depth is overrated in basketball anyway, imho. I’m not worried about JHS. He’ll be fine. Malik was great. He should be starting and playing 25+ mpg. He’s legit. Free throws need work, but he didn’t let that bother him and made back to back great defensive plays to seal the win. Kopp is very controversial, but he’s the closest thing we have to a shooter. He probably needs to play, the lineup that closed plus Race and Galloway are your 7 guys, imo. Bates and Geronimo competing for 8 and 9.