Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB at Xavier - Friday, 11/18/22 @ 6:00 on FS1

1 hour ago, IU-DL said:

I have some serious crimson goggle syndrome going on. IU is a 3 point favorite according to KenPom, and a 1 point dog according to Torvik. We outmatch Xavier at every position, and some in our 2nd squad. I see a victory with a somewhat sizable margin. Tell me I'm crazy....

You are crazy...

FOR NOT HAMMERING IU -2.5 HOOSIERS BY 10

32 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Not really. Basically the same Hunter as at IU. Maybe slightly improved but not much.

He played nearly 20 minutes a game for IU two years ago, and I literally had to look up who Hunter was because the name wasn't ringing a bell.  I'm not sure if that says more about him as a player or my memory.

I think this game could be like the 2011 NC State away game. That win gave that team some confidence. Coincidentally they played the #1 team a week or so later..just like this team is. 

For me it simply comes down to Indiana playing a clean basketball game. If Indiana does that (limit turnovers, hit your free throws, shoot a respectable % from the 3 point line) they should win this game with ease. I think Xavier is a decent team, but not on the level I think this IU team is. Trayce will be the best player on the floor tonight. He needs to show up and prove it. That's been my only knock on him here. Sometimes he doesn't come ready in big games. I'd like to see Big Ten Tournament Trayce show up for these big 4 non-conference games. I think Xavier has a solid starting 5, but if Jones is out that is going to really hurt them. I favor IU because of depth. Xavier doesn't have a player like Jordan Geronimo or Malik Reneau coming off the bench. Only way I see Xavier winning is if someone goes completely off for them. Nunge and Freemantle are capable. Sky isn't falling if IU loses. But I won't be happy if they get beat..especially if it's not close. 

Won’t be watching the game until tomorrow morning due to a long-anticipated Dropkick Murphys show. But, will be checking in because I won’t be able to help myself. So, I’m counting on y’all for extra vivid commentary throughout. Or, at least until I’m too drunk read the screen.

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

Won’t be watching the game until tomorrow morning due to a long-anticipated Dropkick Murphys show. But, will be checking in because I won’t be able to help myself. So, I’m counting on y’all for extra vivid commentary throughout. Or, at least until I’m too drunk read the screen.

Buncha damn Mighty Mighty Bosstones wannabees. But I digress.

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Anything going on tonight? I was thinking about watching some Golden Girls reruns. 

Yeah.  There's a Community Jazz Ensemble tonight at Sinclair Community College at 7.  These concerts are great and are a lot of fun.   There's only one a year.   

Indiana beating Xavier is a slam dunk.  Right?!  Recording it.

Was a tough decision.   Wife and I both graduated from IU in '77.   Can't jazztify it.

Watching a recording of an IU game is not the same.  Oh, well.

1 hour ago, go iu bb said:

Care about what you will. I personally prefer to do my chest pound over great NCAAT seeds and runs. If you want to pound your chest over games 2 weeks into the season, you do you.

I realize you gave him permission to bump his chest whenever he likes, but the fact you even commented on this the way you did makes me wonder if you enjoy the regular season at all. I’m sorry if you won’t be able to get excited if IU pulls out a road win against a very good Kansas team because it’s too early in the season. That saddens me because that’s the fun of being a fan of sports…getting excited after a victory. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Driving 7+ hours north tonight. 
Wife has agreed to take the wheel from 6:00-8:15.

C’mon Fox Sports App—don’t let me down!

49 minutes ago, Demo said:

That's two moderators that won't be here tonight.  Bwahahahaha I'll be on my worst behavior.

Drinking starts in 46 minutes...