Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB at Xavier - Friday, 11/18/22 @ 6:00 on FS1

2 hours ago, cbp4iu said:

Colby Jones didn’t practice today…. Could be interesting if he’s out

I'd like to think that if we are a favorite to win the conference we could beat Xavier no matter who they have. That's a team that we cannot lose to. I remember a game against Cincinnati during Knights years when they had a really good team. We went there and won, pretty easily if I remember correctly. We have to get back to expecting to beat whoever is on our schedule. Expecting, not hoping.

I'd like to think that if we are a favorite to win the conference we could beat Xavier no matter who they have. That's a team that we cannot lose to. I remember a game against Cincinnati during Knights years when they had a really good team. We went there and won, pretty easily if I remember correctly. We have to get back to expecting to beat whoever is on our schedule. Expecting, not hoping.
For the time being I'm hopeful which is more than I can say for recent seasons. We beat Xavier and I'll feel pretty good. Beat either Kansas or Arizona and I'll start having confidence in this team possibly winning the B1G. On paper and against sweet treats is one thing but this is the 1st "prove it" game.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

For the time being I'm hopeful which is more than I can say for recent seasons. We beat Xavier and I'll feel pretty good. Beat either Kansas or Arizona and I'll start having confidence in this team possibly winning the B1G. On paper and against sweet treats is one thing but this is the 1st "prove it" game.

And I think we will.

26 minutes ago, cthomas said:

That UC team went to the final 4 in 92 as did we

21 hours ago, rcs29 said:

I don't care what they care about tbh. I want an opponent at full strength for my own assessment reasons. Not always but early in the season when trying to gauge what you have it's better to not have any "yeah, buts". JMO

Care about what you will. I personally prefer to do my chest pound over great NCAAT seeds and runs. If you want to pound your chest over games 2 weeks into the season, you do you.