Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023)/(2024) - (C) Somto Cyril to Kentucky

As was mentioned in another thread, we're taking a look at '24 Somto Cyril - 7' tall with a 7'6" wingspan.  On this year's Adidas 17U circuit in 10 games he averaged 4.5 ppg on 45% FG and 40% FT.  Also 4.5 rpg; .8 apg; 1.4 TO; .5 stl; 2.9 blks.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-names-to-know-class-of-2024-center-somto-cyril/?fbclid=IwAR38Fd2bUWdw6LflKYrtY7HvBgS1wsqpvFmgOm7O8pMoy7qCfW9y2TFHzIs

https://www.on3.com/news/meet-6-foot-11-sophomore-somto-cyril-a-k-a-baby-shaq/

Rivals

Hudl

Offer List

8 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Grown A$$ Man.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

No kidding, sure doesn't look like a Junior in HS, does he? 

The 'reclassifying" thing always concerns me, especially for big men. I'm sure it has worked out before, but doesn't seem to very often. 

Would love to have Cyril alongside Ren in the front court next year. Would only need to solidify the PG position and I'd feel pretty good about next year's squad. I like Cupps a lot but not sure he'll be ready to carry the load as a FR and I think it seems clear JHS is headed towards 1st RD draft pick. Can probably get a good transfer to fortify that spot....I hope.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

There's been no public indication that Cyril has received an IU offer but from outward appearances it certainly sounds like he'll be welcomed to IU especially if he'll re-class to the '23 class so I'm starting a thread for him.

“They (Indiana) have four players leaving next year, and two of them are the bigs, so right now on their roster they have a little playing time if I were to come there next year,”  Cyril told The Daily Hoosier.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/somto-cyril-liked-what-he-saw-during-iu-basketball-visit-including-opportunity-to-play-next-year/?fbclid=IwAR2yqNh8g_tTNTCElb084-tcG1T2k7u1tKkXk41JEE1h3hdq8cEQgfCPfJI

46 minutes ago, Demo said:

Not the most instructive video, but, man, it does show his explosiveness. The more you watch him, the more similarities he flashes to the Ballo kid from Arizona. 

Two things:

1) He looks like Bidunga’s highlight film explosiveness.

2) What the **** is wrong with that announcer for those clips.