Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

IUMS NCAA Tournament Thread

History and name matters. If the name on the jersey was not "Indiana' no way IU gets that bye with that profile.

More so they got a higher seed and MUCH better draw than last year (despite lower RPI) opposite UVA who is a very good but not perfect team. Last year they were sent to Washington at the other end of the country who was easily the best team in the land.   

While getting past Sweet 16 will be very difficult, it is not impossible unlike like the draw against the Huskies last year. Getting past Stanford in Elite 8 if IU makes it that far, doesn't seem possible but if someone upsets them, the College Cup is within reach (but difficult). Not afraid of UNC Greensboro who is other seeded team on that end of bracket.

Last year the draw gave team zero chance to advance with Washington and then either undefeated SLU (who is possible second round opponent) or an elite Duke. This year if you just avoid Stanford, it's not out of reach and other side of bracket has some teams who can pull upsets with Marshall, UNC, Wake, and OSU as unseeded teams. IU def got the best draw of our corner unless Marshall gets upset by Elon or High Point upsets UNC.  Not out of the realm of possibility IU could host all the way through if UVA, UNCG (who is average at best) or Stanford get beat given everyone's draw.

18 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

IU WBB wins

IU MBB wins

IU FB wins

Looking at you IUMS

All but IU WBB won on the last play. You also forgot IUVB and IUWR also were victorious at the wire this weekend. Based on precedent IUMS will advance on a last minute goal for the win.  

18 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Kinda weird to be on the ESPN app with the BTN soccer scoreboard. (And announcers I think?)

NCAA has taken over postseason streaming rights from individual schools. That is why all tourney games now on ESPN+ rather than each individual team or conferences stream like in past (AKA BTN+ for IU or ACC Network Extra for UVA who IU could play next week as was in past pre-College Cup).  

Everything I have seen so far this game confirms what I thought that SLU deserved a seed and IU did not. Tulsa should have been 15, SLU 16 and IU hosting Memphis Thursday with right to head to SLU today opposite one seed UK. 

SLU is the better team and IU is playing well. SLU just more talented. SLU's RPI was two spots higher and they had a better season with a nearly as strong SOS and won the double in a decent Atlantic 10.

The Hoosiers lucked out and got a seed they objectively did not deserve which is exactly what I was afraid of.  

That doesn't mean they won't win today as match is 0-0 but our Hoosiers are objectively about the 20th best team as the RPI says and SLU is 15thish best team.

4 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Everything I have seen so far this game confirms what I thought that SLU deserved a seed and IU did not. Tulsa should have been 15, SLU 16 and IU hosting Memphis Thursday with right to head to SLU today opposite one seed UK. 

SLU is the better team and IU is playing well. SLU just more talented. SLU's RPI was two spots higher and they had a better season with a nearly as strong SOS and won the double in a decent Atlantic 10.

The Hoosiers lucked out and got a seed they objectively did not deserve which is exactly what I was afraid of.  

We should’ve gotten that PK in the box, I’ll take 0-0 HT any time of day