Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

TTT

IU Football has committed several million $ to wrong choices and wrong personnel

Decision makers for IU football have committed several millions of $$$ to its football program.  They seem to always have this sustainability to make the wrong choices and decisions so things have never positively worked out.

Latest examples.  

Why isn’t isn’t Kalen DeBoer and Michael Penix currently in IU football program?  
Why didn’t Peyton Ramsey finish career at IU?         

Then Coy Cronk situation (why didn’t he finish career at IU)?  Lack of Offensive line? Recruiting is not up to par and transfer portal is not helping IU football and LEO only works if it can be backed up with winning just like anything else?  

Players mentioned were team captains including  an excellent coach.

Excuses include better opportunities for coach.  Playing time, injuries, disgruntled and new environment for players.  Just many wrong choices and decisions = (losing difference makers) that equate into winning vs losing.

23 minutes ago, TTT said:

Excuses include better opportunities for coach.  Playing time, injuries, disgruntled and new environment for players.

You answered all of your questions right here and they aren’t excuses. None of the things you listed are reasons why this program is in the dumper right now. 

Deboer got a head coaching job, Penix needed a change of scenery, Ramsey’s dad threw a fit when Penix won the job and created a rift, Coy Cronk thought he was an NFL tackle (L O f’ing L).

These aren’t the right questions. 

Lamenting that Michael Penix is no longer at IU seems to me like shouting at the rain. 

He got hurt every season he played for us. One time, he was running out of bounds and tore his ACL. No contact. 

For both parties, it was time to move on. He needed a change, and we couldn't count on him to stay healthy. 

It's great for him that he's having such a stellar season. And the optics might not be good for us, but I'm not sure what other choice there was. It's just one of those things -- that's IU football for you. LOL! 

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Decision makers for IU football have committed several millions of $$$ to its football program.  They seem to always have this sustainability to make the wrong choices and decisions so things have never positively worked out.

Latest examples.  

Why isn’t isn’t Kalen DeBoer and Michael Penix currently in IU football program?  
Why didn’t Peyton Ramsey finish career at IU?         

Then Coy Cronk situation (why didn’t he finish career at IU)?  Lack of Offensive line? Recruiting is not up to par and transfer portal is not helping IU football and LEO only works if it can be backed up with winning just like anything else?  

Players mentioned were team captains including  an excellent coach.

Excuses include better opportunities for coach.  Playing time, injuries, disgruntled and new environment for players.  Just many wrong choices and decisions = (losing difference makers) that equate into winning vs losing.

What's ironic is that they spend so much money on buyouts and such that they think they can't afford a good coaching search. So they end up with overpaid, mediocre coaches who then end up failing. They fire that one, have a big payout and go cheap again on the next coaching search (if they search at all). Rinse and repeat.

I was looking at the schedule for next Saturday. It didn't show who was showing the USC-UCLA game. Also didn't show who was covering Texas Tech-Iowa State

I assume Fox has the rights to both games and just hasn't declared which is on Fox and which is on FS1, even though it is obvious to everyone else which should be on which

6 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

I was looking at the schedule for next Saturday. It didn't show who was showing the USC-UCLA game. Also didn't show who was covering Texas Tech-Iowa State

I assume Fox has the rights to both games and just hasn't declared which is on Fox and which is on FS1, even though it is obvious to everyone else which should be on which

SC/LA is on big FOX at 8:00. 

3 hours ago, TTT said:

Several great unbelievable athletic plays by players from other teams are watched on tv every week.  
When has IU football made a great unbelievable athletic play?  

I am with ya.  We need to spend more money buying unbelievable athletic plays.  Makes perfect sense.  lol

3 hours ago, TTT said:

Several great unbelievable athletic plays by players from other teams are watched on tv every week.  

It's IUFB, there's probably more of the unbelievably stupid variety unless you count being on the wrong end of an unbelievably athletic play.

12 hours ago, TTT said:

That’s one way to look at it to the extent $$ can make that happen.

What we need is a coach that can recruit bunches of NFL talent.

21 hours ago, TTT said:

We need to emphasize more on the unbelievable athletic plays, then.  It's the only way we can compete apparently.

... um, how does this make any sense?  The issue with Indiana football isn't that we aren't "flashy", it's that we've always been "stinky".  I'd rather us focus on solid fundamentals and not have, say, an offensive line that gets shredded immediately by the defense or a defense that is stuck having to play 40+ in game minutes every game.

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm not sure but I've heard he has let people know if the job would come open he is interested. 

Thinking about Dolson just bringing back stud athlete alumni that are now coaches for all open coaching positions is hilarious (and maybe ingenious). Think about the hype that would surround ARE coming in.

One of the best parts of the Tom Allen hire is that he was someone who truly wanted to be at IU, versus taking the IU job as a stepping stone or big paycheck.

If we look in the near future, I'm a fan of again bringing in someone who will want to stay at IU. If we ever get it right we need it to have the potential to last.