Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Morehead State - Monday, 11/07/22 @ 7:00 on B1G+

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

JHS - 27 min.

TJD & Bates - 23 min.

Kopp 22 min.

X - 20 min.

Race & Malik - 17 min.

Geronimo - 16 min.

Gallo - 15 min.

Good news is that we have two pg’s now so on the nights X goes MIA we’ll have a fighting chance still. The bad news is apparently X’s nights of going MIA are not behind him. 

Some good, some bad, some wow and some wow. One more tune up then we'll see what this team is made of. Love JHS and Ren man.....they look a step above Trayce when he was a FR. Depth seems real this year. Even with the second unit players I didn't cringe with any of them when they had the ball with a decision to make. I do wonder what would have happened had their PG Freeman?? hadn't gone out in 1st half.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Just now, str8baller said:

Good news is that we have two pg’s now so on the nights X goes MIA we’ll have a fighting chance still. The bad news is apparently X’s nights of going MIA are not behind him. 

At least tonight when he was MIA he didn't try to force it.  Last year he would have put up a 1 of 9 shooting performance when things weren't going well.

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

Some good, some bad, some wow and some wow. One more tune up then we'll see what this team is made of. Love JHS and Ren man.....they look a step above Trayce when he was a FR. Depth seems real this year. Even with the second unit players I didn't cringe with any of them when they had the ball with a decision to make. I do wonder what would have happened had their PG Freeman?? hadn't gone out in 1st half.

Freeman will give them consistent inconsistency.  Last year had a game of 34 points....also had three games where he didn't score.

Freeman will give them consistent inconsistency.  Last year had a game of 34 points....also had three games where he didn't score.
He was on pace for the better part of the inconsistency tonight

Enjoyed that one. Kids had fun.

We aren’t the brightest team on the block. Bates, X, and sometimes Geronimo. Some of these guys decisions aren’t so great, but Geronimo deserves a lot of minutes.

Reneau (he’s so good) probably deserves a chunk of Race’s minutes but Race and TJD play really well together. Gunn is a legit Gunner. Lol. Pulls up wherever he gets the ball. Banks looked nice in mop up minutes.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Gunn is a legit Gunner.

Did most of us miss something with him? He looks like he belongs and plays with confidence. I love his size and the promise of what he will be down the road.

Did most of us miss something with him? He looks like he belongs and plays with confidence. I love his size and the promise of what he will be down the road.
I think he's just physically going to be limited but he has confidence. Gives me a Rod Wilmont vibe in some ways.

2 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I don't think we did, the problem I see...... MY GAWD we are deeeep.

Yeah, we’re (actually) deep. 
I really like the Ren Geronimo combo, monsters, and when JG is playing relaxed, not rushing he needs more minutes.

Ren is gonna be a force, one  thing to watch in next few games is how he adapts to avoiding fouling as size and strength increase in the other guys - as good as he is he was 1 foul from fouling out tonight. We need him out there.

And we need to take advantage of the spacing we create with the guys up front and shoot more 3’s.

As these guys gel more we’re only going to get better, just want to see more diversity in our O

What difference would have this years depth have made to last years record? To me, it's the difference between winning and losing close games. Guys still need to figure out roles and coaches need to figure out who plays the best together. But the pieces are there. I think we get better as the year goes on and we will have a chance to be really good at the end of the year. I also believe we have the right guy leading the program. It's going to be a fun ride.

Alot of things to take away from our game tonight. Good and bad. Free throws and 3pt shooting stood out because that is all we have harped about most of the off season. But, our starters were 3 of 5 from distance without X or JHS even attempting one. Free throws tightened up after the 8 min mark of the 1st half. One thing that I will say.. I've been a diehard fan since the early Seventies and I can truly say that this is one of the deepest teams that we have ever put on the floor in 'The Hall'! As the season progresses I look forward to watching this team get better and better. There is absolutely no doubt this is the deepest team in the conference.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We aren’t the brightest team on the block. Bates, X, and sometimes Geronimo. Some of these guys decisions aren’t so great,

That's being kind. Race chucking some bad, contested threes early. Kopp is good for a couple of overhelps and a few WTF pointing on ball screens resulting in the obligatory "my bad bro."