Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Morehead State - Monday, 11/07/22 @ 7:00 on B1G+

1st half

The good

10 assists to 5 TO’s

5 steals - TjD with 2

Bates (1-2) 3 looked good

JHS, Ren continue to impress

2nd unit got us going, and team closed out from down 1 to up 12

The bad

Starters started sloppy, Race jacking up bad 3’s, poor D

I don’t mean to rail on Kopp but if he’s starting he should be shooting  (get him engaged early, give him looks) and he’s not, so there we go again giving up a lead and showing bad O from the starters

Lackluster effort until the 2d unit outplays the starters and gets us going

Freethrows, Jesus H Christ

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I mean we were one of the worst shooting teams in the country last year, didn’t bring in any shooters, and lost our leader in 3 pt % and makes. We weren’t going to magically become a good shooting team. We may have enough talent to make up for it, but look for shooting to be a big issue for us again this season. 

Speaking of, Parker Stewart is 2 for 7 and 0 for 3 from three at the half as Tennessee-Martin plays Pittsburgh.

We are the most critical group of people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing (on line). I trust that CMW will figure all of this out as we go. The talent is there to do great things this season. Guys just have to figure out their roles and get in sync.

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

If it's like it was last year, the rotation will tighten up the first ten minutes or so of the second half.  Hopefully we can pull away and get a lot of play from our bench.

Think we’ll see an engaged IU come out and clamp down on D and run away with it, but i really want to see the 2d unit getting good run, a lot of talent coming off the bench and they look good together 

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

Bates still looks to be trying to move too fast.  Was fortunate to hit the banked three and did look good on the back cut.

Geronimo started out moving to quickly but looked better as the half went along.

JG was def forcing it early then settled down and played strong

1 minute ago, cthomas said:

We are the most critical group of people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing (on line). I trust that CMW will figure all of this out as we go. The talent is there to do great things this season. Guys just have to figure out their roles and get in sync.

There’s legit reason for criticism so far — and i am fairly called a sunshine pumper lol

Just now, TheWatShot said:

Hey, Miller Kopp did something. Just a rebound and a foul, but it's something, right? 

I'm listening on radio tonight; give or take 100, how many times has he touched the bottoms of his sneakers whilst standing in the same corner every possession?