Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUFB vs Penn State - Saturday, 11/05/22 @ 3:30 on ABC-TV

18 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

What happened to him?

Had to have a CAT scan I know nothing more than that of course due to the usual hospital privacy rules. My dad was holding the flag at the game. He was on his way to Nick's didn't quite make it.

Edited by OliviaPope40

8 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Tom Allen is like a bad AI program at this point; you just feed it a random prompt and you'll get a generic answer.

It’s painful.

I’ll say it again…I’m sure he’s a great guy, but he’s not getting paid to chant LEO, be awkward and continuously manic. He’s the 18th best paid coach in D1 to win freaking football games and put a competitive product on the field. The program has noticeably gotten worse game by game over the last two years, recruiting is going to suffer with a lame duck coach, and attendance is going to plummet. Cut ties now, have an excuse for losing the rest of the games this season, and inject some new blood into every facet of the program. 

What Dolson does will show how much this university actually cares about football. Maybe the tv money is enough for them and this is acceptable…

1 hour ago, monskisprodigy said:

I’m not sure what else Dolson needs to see…this program is in a death spiral and needs new life immediately. 

Fire Tom Allen and the entire staff tomorrow. 

I sure let him know about ineptness several times already this season!

It seems as though if you keep Penix relatively clean he stays injury free.  Same can be said for Tuttle. It’s a risky qb situation at IU and usually is.

33 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Word is Dolson spent his Friday night closely monitoring the ISHAA playoffs in search of our next coach. 

Forget the lottery, you have a much better chance becoming a millionaire walking by IU's AD office. Chris might be our next football coach or running the rowing team.

19 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Penn State hangs 45 on us what will it be next week in Columbus, OH?  

They will name their score. I would suggest starting a walk on qb and keeping anyone else deemed important off the field. Use only running plays and use the entire play clock every time. Even then, they may well score 70 plus.

Sorsby can only play one more game w/o burning the chance for a reshirt year right? Or is that 2 game thing not a rule anymore

Our QB situation has been such a disaster for 2 years now. 

15 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Sorsby can only play one more game w/o burning the chance for a reshirt year right? Or is that 2 game thing not a rule anymore

Our QB situation has been such a disaster for 2 years now. 

Isn’t it 4 games now?

1 hour ago, monskisprodigy said:

It’s painful.

I’ll say it again…I’m sure he’s a great guy, but he’s not getting paid to chant LEO, be awkward and continuously manic. He’s the 18th best paid coach in D1 to win freaking football games and put a competitive product on the field. The program has noticeably gotten worse game by game over the last two years, recruiting is going to suffer with a lame duck coach, and attendance is going to plummet. Cut ties now, have an excuse for losing the rest of the games this season, and inject some new blood into every facet of the program. 

What Dolson does will show how much this university actually cares about football. Maybe the tv money is enough for them and this is acceptable…

Dolson is very tied into alumni with money but not sure how many of them care about football. On top of the money needed to fire Allen we need to increase assistant coach pay. Not an easy path to fix this