Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

IUBB vs. St. Francis (exhib) Thurs., Nov. 3rd, 7 p.m. B1G+

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Let's ask Woody lol

Agreed that Isiah was spectacular both years at IU. Agree that he was a big-time plus player both years. But when he played more under control he was that much better, and that happened during his sophomore year IMO.

Actually that team got better when RMK decided to free up IT and let the team run more.

6 hours ago, Joe_hoopsier said:

At the very end of the video, when Childress makes the Jam and X lays down on the side line is great. X is bought in and sharing team excitement. I enjoy seeing them having fun.

The culture around the program has changed dramatically in the last 2 years. Has a completely different feel this year even compared to last. Great leadership in place. 

19 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I know it's an exhibition game but...Trayce is our most talented player. Jalen/Malik are 2/3. Thoughts? 

They are clearly IU's three most talented players, but I'm not sure about the order. JHS is probably IU's most talented player, even if Trayce is their most valuable player. And Reneau isn't as athletically gifted as Trayce perhaps, but I would say even as a freshman may have more refined post moves, a softer shooting touch, and appears to be a better ball handler.     

7 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

When IU releases a statement that,

“Indiana sophomore center Logan Duncomb (illness) and freshman forward Kaleb Banks (illness) will be inactive tonight against Saint Francis. No further questions will be addressed at this point. The program will provide further details when available."

... and both players are on the court in sweats during warmups and the game, that raises red flags.

If it was some kind of flu-like thing you wouldn't think they'd be in huddles and warmups. It suggests that "illness" might equal "in trouble."

Or, maybe not.

If there’s evidence somewhere that they were in trouble, I guess I’d consider it.  If not, I’d go with the press release.

2 hours ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

If there’s evidence somewhere that they were in trouble, I guess I’d consider it.  If not, I’d go with the press release.

The press release tells me enough lol... And add to that... they were on the court with warmups on, during pre-game, and looked fine.

10 to 1... either booze, curfew, or missed a class. 

And we'll know how it is serious if they are still "ill" on Monday... 

1 hour ago, Southside said:

The press release tells me enough lol... And add to that... they were on the court with warmups on, during pre-game, and looked fine.

10 to 1... either booze, curfew, or missed a class. 

And we'll know how it is serious if they are still "ill" on Monday... 

However CMW wants to portray it is fine with me. I don't need to know every little thing that goes on within the program. If you have played sports at any level you know that things look differently from the inside than they do from the outside. Certain things are best left behind closed doors. We, as fans, don't need to know.

32 minutes ago, cthomas said:

However CMW wants to portray it is fine with me. I don't need to know every little thing that goes on within the program. If you have played sports at any level you know that things look differently from the inside than they do from the outside. Certain things are best left behind closed doors. We, as fans, don't need to know.

I don't care. I find it funny... 

Kids goof up. It's normal. When I was at IU in the late 80s early 90s, coach ran them till they puked, then sat them. And never said much to the press about it... After one night partying at Walnut Knolls and VVs, showed up to practice hungover... it was hilarious. Got screamed at, and ran, and ran, and ran, and ran, and ran... lol. 

Silly stuff... who cares. So long as it's serious. 

People are suggesting players screwed up off the court simply because the players were near the other players while “supposedly” ill. 

Indiana has had players playing with influenza and stomach bugs (and players and coaches have admitted it), so I’m not sure why a couple players being allowed near the team on the bench while ill seems so hard to believe. 

I’m not saying it’s unfathomable some secret is being kept, but I’m not sure why anyone’s first assumption would be that there is. 

33 minutes ago, ray said:

People are suggesting players screwed up off the court simply because the players were near the other players while “supposedly” ill. 

Indiana has had players playing with influenza and stomach bugs (and players and coaches have admitted it), so I’m not sure why a couple players being allowed near the team on the bench while ill seems so hard to believe. 

I’m not saying it’s unfathomable some secret is being kept, but I’m not sure why anyone’s first assumption would be that there is. 

It’s the world we live in.  What was reported isn’t interesting enough so just make s**t up and pretend it’s true.

29 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

It’s the world we live in.  What was reported isn’t interesting enough so just make s**t up and pretend it’s true.

When players are injured or ill... I've never seen the bolded in the press release...

“Indiana sophomore center Logan Duncomb (illness) and freshman forward Kaleb Banks (illness) will be inactive tonight against Saint Francis. No further questions will be addressed at this point. The program will provide further details when available."

27 minutes ago, Southside said:

When players are injured or ill... I've never seen the bolded in the press release...

Thanks.  And when they release the further details, we’ll both know what they are.

I think the bolded is likely to protect from questions related to COVID. Will probably see that more often now with guidelines about quarantines and such. I read it as: we are not going to answer any questions about the details of their illnesses, so don’t ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, JimmerNoe said:

I think the bolded is likely to protect from questions related to COVID. Will probably see that more often now with guidelines about quarantines and such. I read it as: we are not going to answer any questions about the details of their illnesses, so don’t ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDK.. but nah (for me)...

They aren't on the sideline with warmups with covid. 

And I've never said that verbiage before (during covid years)...