Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierCoop

IUBB vs. St. Francis (exhib) Thurs., Nov. 3rd, 7 p.m. B1G+

5 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Was Duncomb hurt?

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Must be. He and Banks were on the bench, but not in uniform. 

Before the game IU released a notice that both had an "illness" and there wouldn't be any additional elaboration.

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

Hot take that's going to trigger some people:

The people cheering hard for him are the same people who insist that Indiana Mr Basketballs are "must gets" in recruiting.  The opposite is true too I think, there are people cat calling him because they think that notion is silly.

Really like that he puts his head down and works when he's in the game whether it's starting or playing mop up minutes in an exhibition game.

Before the game IU released a notice that both had an "illness" and there wouldn't be any additional elaboration.

Long hangover from celebrating that first exhibition win. Rumor has it, Logan’s stache still had a reek of Miller Lite.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

JHS, Malik, TJD all day-everyday.

This team should be a lot of fun. I’m sure we are going to have some head hanging games as we aren’t always the smartest team, but the athleticism and skillset are as good as it’s been in a long time.

Did I mention, I love Malik and JHS?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Also, Gunn is fun to watch. I lowkey kinda love that he tries to jump the lane of every pass defensively. If only he could learn to harness that a little. It’s been since Oladipo since we’ve had a lane jumper and there isn’t much I like more than a stolen swing pass for a 1-0 fast break.

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Long hangover from celebrating that first exhibition win. Rumor has it, Logan’s stache still had a reek of Miller Lite.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Miller Lite stache... that's legit. 

But Eric Anderson never needed a stache to reek of Miller Lite... 

21 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Can't think of the last time that IU didn't have a player that I winced if he had to play.

I feel this, though based on what we’ve seen there may yet be one IMHO. It’s good to roster a development project though!

18 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

JHS, Malik, TJD all day-everyday.

This team should be a lot of fun. I’m sure we are going to have some head hanging games as we aren’t always the smartest team, but the athleticism and skillset are as good as it’s been in a long time.

Did I mention, I love Malik and JHS?

Malik or Trayce needs to be in the game at all times.  We need X to get his head together then him or JHS needs to be in the game at all times.  

JHS and Malik should help mute some of the posts that Woody only wants to play experienced players as they both will obviously play a ton.

Based on their play last year I didn’t agree with some posts that clamored for more minutes for young guys such as Lander, Leal, Duncomb, Bates and JG (although I admittedly would have liked to see JG get a few more minutes per game). I think they didn’t play a lot because they were not ready to play a lot rather than Woody being reluctant to play young guys. 
JHS and Malik are ready and are going to see a ton of minutes. Also wont  be surprised if Gunn gets more minutes than we anticipated. 

The caveat being the level of competition, this is a much different team than last years. There is more athleticism, more scoring, and more reliable depth. It almost feels like last seasons ceiling is this teams floor. It will undoubtedly be more enjoyable than we have seen in a long time.

7 minutes ago, cthomas said:

The caveat being the level of competition, this is a much different team than last years. There is more athleticism, more scoring, and more reliable depth. It almost feels like last seasons ceiling is this teams floor. It will undoubtedly be more enjoyable than we have seen in a long time.

Agree. Exhibition or not, the competition is going to be awesome. I think Jalen and Malik should start. CJ should be in the rotation. Those three weren't here last year. Time to bust the "this is the same team" myth some lazy college basketball writers say. 

It's not that Jalen and Malik just looked good. They were by far two of the best players for IU. Not saying they will have rough games. They will. But the fact they look this good compared to the rest of the team is telling. The others outside of Trayce better step up!! Or they won't be playing as much. Woodson doesn't have a choice there. Time will tell.