Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2025) - (C) Malachi Moreno

Indiana, your relationship with them, and your thoughts on Coach Woodson?

“I have known a couple of guys on the Indiana team since I was little because of my older brother playing with Indiana Elite and Team Teague. Coach Woodson is a great coach and has coached some of the greats like Chris Paul, so I know he can get me to the places I need to be.”

https://stockrisers.com/s/473/top-50-sophomore-malachi-moreno-talks-his-recruitment-visits

Great Crossing (19-3) with a 69-55 win over Frankfort (9-6).  GC trailed 30-25 at the half after sleepwalking thru the first half and making little effort to get the ball inside instead settling for 3-point shots that weren't falling.  Must have been an interesting halftime in the locker room.  GC came out firing in the 3rd with Moreno scoring 8 of his 13 pts. in the quarter and grabbing 6 of his 14 rebounds.  After 3, GC led 43-38 and never looked back.

42 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Great Crossing beaten by Lexington Catholic 61-52.  Moreno 17p; 10r; 7b.  

Painter really pushing hard on Moreno.  He was at Moreno's game last night and Moreno will be in West Laffy tomorrow.

Must think he’s gonna grow 4 more inches.

There are beatdowns and then there is this.  Great Crossing (21-4) shellacked, obliterated, annihiliated Frankfort Christian (10-15) 108-45.  Just 30 sec. into the 3rd Q and it became a running clock.  Moreno 16p; 16r; 2a; 2s; 5b; 1t.   8-12 FG

Teammate '25 Vince Dawson exited the game at the 7:30 mark of the 4th Q with 34 pts.  Frankfort's team score at that point was 33.  Dawson had 15 1st Q pts and 12 3rd Q pts.   His 34p set a new Great Crossing single game scoring record eclipsing that of his teammate Malachi Moreno's 33p game earlier in the season.  

The 108 points is also a new school record.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In  last night's game, Moreno recorded the 300th block of his career tonight with one game remaining in his sophomore regular season. That would put him top-15 all-time according to the KHSAA record book. He also is at 991 career points.

At least he will have a shot to easily go over 1000 lol with 2 years left, he could push 2,000.  The number 991 brings back bad memories...I scored 991 points in my high school career.  3 years of varsity ball, didn't get to play my freshman year because we had a very large and talented senior class....what I wouldn't give for one more game to score 9 points lol