Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs. Marian University (exhib) Sat., Oct. 29, 3 p.m. B1G+

12 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Coach Woody said his players don't have positions so you all should just shut your pie-holes and quit arguing about it :)

This brings back bad memories. Didn't Crean want to list everyone as players instead of by their position?

55 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

No way should Race play the 3 and is an idiotic notion.  It is more than just being able to shoot to play on the wing but need to be able to defend and handle the ball.

Race does all of this!  Plus 3 syllables in Race Thompson.  I'm telling you it's fate.

24 minutes ago, Josh said:

Race does all of this!  Plus 3 syllables in Race Thompson.  I'm telling you it's fate.

I agree with you. He does handle the ball well and he could defend most 3's on other teams. And remember, those 3's on other teams would have to cover Race in the post.

15 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

I agree with you. He does handle the ball well and he could defend most 3's on other teams. And remember, those 3's on other teams would have to cover Race in the post.

That's true, they would have to!

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Race = fast

It's settled then, Race to the three.  Somebody email Woody

57 minutes ago, bigrod said:

This brings back bad memories. Didn't Crean want to list everyone as players instead of by their position?

yes it was epic to see the ESPN graphic and instead of positions next to the names it just said "player" or something of the like lol

6 hours ago, Josh said:

Well with that attitude I'm going to shout it from the rooftops.  Race should be our 3!  I mean...he's bigger than a guard and he hits 3 pointers.  That's a 3, right?!  It's our perfect solution

I already told you, I only golf with people worse than me.  I haven't lost in years

Now you're just being silly.

Where do you find these people and can I take their money? Even the bad golfers I golf with shoot in the 80s or low 90s.

There's one other thing besides golf you can enjoy if you're terrible at it.

4 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

CJ will learn and grow into the defensive side of the ball / schemes, he's not going to take over any Kopp minutes, and you really can't take one game against an incredibly weak opponent at the start of the year and draw any season conclusions, let alone moving X off ball because he had one off game.

X proved himself in multiple games across a B1G season, his game improved majorly over the season and he was a primary reason we got as far as we did. I'd say the same thing about JG, the overreactions on his one game despite what he showed at the end of last season and through our 2 NCAA tourney games, not to mention his rebounding and blocking dominance and interior D) is just funny to me. 

so it's a message board, we're all going to post our thoughts and make conclusions, all good, but we're going to know a heck of a lot more as we get into the real non-con schedule against real opponents. It starts with Xavier, then we get to the UNC game, then start into con play, etc. I'm interested to see where these conversations are then.

Can we draw any conclusions on "My bad"?

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Now you're just being silly.

Where do you find these people and can I take their money? Even the bad golfers I golf with shoot in the 80s or low 90s.

There's one other thing besides golf you can enjoy if you're terrible at it.

Posting on a message board!  

In all seriousness, Race finished the season best on the team shooting the 3. Maybe XJ was better depending on the time frame, but I think Race was close to 40% over the last 12-ish games. I posted the actual stats in a thread somewhere at the end of the season. 

Him being a legitimate stretch 4 is a giant step forward for the offense. I thought the end of the season might’ve been a bit of a mirage.  Maybe something actually “clicked” for him in that regard. 

1 hour ago, str8baller said:

In all seriousness, Race finished the season best on the team shooting the 3. Maybe XJ was better depending on the time frame, but I think Race was close to 40% over the last 12-ish games. I posted the actual stats in a thread somewhere at the end of the season. 

Him being a legitimate stretch 4 is a giant step forward for the offense. I thought the end of the season might’ve been a bit of a mirage.  Maybe something actually “clicked” for him in that regard. 

He was pretty good from deep in HS iirc, good to see him expanding his college game

Finished the game today and feel like there are lots of things I’m convinced of from one exhibition. Part of that is that you learn a little more with two surefire rotation pieces out, the other thing is that of course the first time you see the team you glean a lot.

Posting as much so I can look back and evaluate later as I am for engagement, but that’s all welcome too.

-Reneau and JHS are as advertised. They’re starting-caliber right now.

-Race will hit 34% or better from 3.

-if 3Pt shooting is a problem, the problem will be not taking enough of them. May not shoot like Crean’s conf champ teams, but they’ll be fine.

-Gunn is going to be a contributor quickly. He may just get spot chances this year, and he needs to add weight. But he’s competitive and engaged, the shot and athleticism will play, he’s bought in on defense, and the awareness was strong for a frosh. Even thought his handle and passing were ahead of what I expected.

-Duncomb might not get much opportunity, as he’s behind about 4 guys at the 4/5. But he seems more ready to help when necessary than Durr was last year.