Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs. Marian University (exhib) Sat., Oct. 29, 3 p.m. B1G+

6 minutes ago, Demo said:

Just think, in 24 short hours we get to congregate here and lament that Trayce should have just gone pro, JHS can’t throw it in the ocean and is no Parker Stewart, Woody can’t coach his way out of a paper bag, and we’ll need some gifts from the refs to beat Morehead St.

God, I’ve missed basketball.

Don't forget, shooting still sucks and our offense is stagnant and nobody knows where they're supposed to be. The defense is worse than it was a year ago. Too much standing around. We'll be lucky to make the tournament. Should we start the "fire Mike Woodson" thread now.

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

Should we start the "fire Mike Woodson" thread now.

I thought somebody started that last season. It didn't take? Surely it will this season...lol

38 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Tomorrow better be a cake walk so we can get a good look at our freshmen and other mystery players like Duncomb.

if our starters do there job it should be over by halftime and can give the younger guys a lot of PT

Should be that way but remember in the past where teams like OSU, MSU and Syracuse losing in these exhibition games.

11 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Tomorrow better be a cake walk so we can get a good look at our freshmen and other mystery players like Duncomb.

if our starters do there job it should be over by halftime and can give the younger guys a lot of PT

We’ll see Reneau and Duncomb. Trayce and Tamar are doubtful to play.

I agree for the most part but X did show 3 level ability the last 10 games or so when he made better decisions and hit 3’s at a much higher clip.
The “eye test” tells me we got better late last year, that the X-TJD combo found their groove etc etc all of which are positives. On the other hand “the record is the record” and at the end of the season, in which we feel we got hot, our record was:
Last 2 games 1-1
Last 4 games 2-2
Last 6 games 3-3
Last 8 games 4-4
Last 10 games 5-5
Last 12 game 5-7
A mediocre end of season record (albeit against some good teams), 9-11 in the BT  and  hoping the offense improves, that Bates becomes a 3 level scorer (I incorrectly thought he would be starting by the end of last year), JG becomes a three, JHS is as advertised (which I think he will be) all give me pause about rankings that have us in the top 10.  
That being said I think we have a very high floor and our ceiling can elevate if two of JHS, Bates and/or JG can meaningfully contribute this year (I’ll also throw in Trey if he can spread the D by hitting 35% or so from the 3).

Goodness, that’s sobering

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

38 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Goodness, that’s sobering

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That’s a .500 record largely against (especially at the very end) ranked teams. That’s the reason for optimism—add two borderline five stars, subtract Parker and Durr, and add a second year in Woodson’s system to a team that down the stretch was basically even up with good to very good teams.

Reasonable expectations are key; we’ll be losing games this year. For instance, if we go 2-2 against UNC, Xavier, KU, and Az that’s pretty strong.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Reasonable expectations are key; we’ll be losing games this year. For instance, if we go 2-2 against UNC, Xavier, KU, and Az that’s pretty strong.

Why all the doom and gloom? :)

19 hours ago, Demo said:

Just think, in 24 short hours we get to congregate here and lament that Trayce should have just gone pro, JHS can’t throw it in the ocean and is no Parker Stewart, Woody can’t coach his way out of a paper bag, and we’ll need some gifts from the refs to beat Morehead St.

God, I’ve missed basketball.

Don't forget: it's only the first exhibition game and we have two guys who may not play; stupid weightlifting coach not wasting any time hurting our players.