Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

They Fired Tom Allen!

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I think we will have a couple of million in NIL for next year

That's not a lot. IUFB will always be the bottom of the conference with money like this. It's like Evansville Thunderbolts money trying to compete against Nashville Predators money. And if/when CTA is no longer with IUFB good luck finding a quality coach accepting a job here with money like this. 

56 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

That's not a lot. IUFB will always be the bottom of the conference with money like this. It's like Evansville Thunderbolts money trying to compete against Nashville Predators money. And if/when CTA is no longer with IUFB good luck finding a quality coach accepting a job here with money like this. 

Agreed but I think Allen said we only had 150K this year. OSU, UM, PSU all try to raise 13 million in NIL, we need to be up to 5-6 IMO

17 hours ago, Chris007 said:

From what I understand the decision makers don’t think Allen is the guy but don’t want to pay the buyout.

I'm shocked by this. Absolutely floored. Really.

17 hours ago, Chris007 said:

But have some money set aside or have a donor ready to donate so the new coach starts off with a bang. I’m not sure I fully understand it myself.

Wait, what? Have money lined up NOW for when they fire him in a few YEARS but not money to fire him? It doesn't make any sense to wait to start to make upgrades to facilities as those aren't coach dependent. I'm confused. 

Just another indicator at why IU football sucks.

2 hours ago, Banksyrules said:

Question. What if we focus all of the NIL money for football (needs to be more) on just getting the best lineman? That’s half the game right there no?

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That won't get you a good QB

I think there’s something to the idea, though, for a place like IU. Maybe all your NIL goes to QB, OL, DBs or DL.

25 minutes ago, lillurk said:

I think there’s something to the idea, though, for a place like IU. Maybe all your NIL goes to QB, OL, DBs or DL.

Ryan Day says a million for a QB, a million for an LT, a Million for a pass rusher, and then spread the rest of the 10 million to the rest of the team. 

On 12/1/2022 at 11:18 AM, Banksyrules said:

Question. What if we focus all of the NIL money for football (needs to be more) on just getting the best lineman? That’s half the game right there no?

That’s what I am talking about.  What’s your team identity?  I’m good spending on offensive  line. Dominate the line of scrimmage goes a long way.