Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

They Fired Tom Allen!

1 hour ago, KingPG21 said:

3) Unless something changes with the AD and more importantly where the money is coming/where they want the money going to this is a deeper issue than the head coach. I do not want CTA here anymore. But, people act like just throwing money at a coach is gonna fix it. This university isn't dedicated to having a competitive football program cause it is so easy for them to make a profit. The dufferebce ub tgeur deducatuib ti the basketball program and football is immense 

I'm not debating any of your points, I just want to know if Tom Pritchard dunked during that last sentence.

On 11/19/2022 at 3:33 PM, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Indiana will forever be stuck in the "Chicken and Egg" cycle; people will complain about how they need X, Y, and Z in order to compete, but they have to start competing before they have the right to be given X, Y, and Z.  It's the argument that they have to earn their way to success in order to have the basic amenities other programs in the league are granted to show they are serious about the sport.

But in Allen's case, I wish he wouldn't compare Indiana to the top programs in the Big Ten.  We need to associate ourselves with the middle of the pack, as in order for us to have success, we need to be able to compete and regularly defeat those teams if we are to build a resume to justify the kind of investments to take on the elite schools.  It isn't glamorous to say "we should beat Rutgers every year" cause you want to assume you already are able to do that.  We're Indiana!  But, that kind of malaise can allow Rutgers to beat us 6, if not 7, times a decade if we played them 10 times if we stay pat with this current attitude.

Allen needs to reflect on the season and change.  He needs to change before any coaches, players, facilities, etc.  He’s got nowhere else to go, so if he wants his big job he must change.  First get off the QB carousel.  No reason to bring that Blazack kid in when you had his twin Tuttle.  All you did was piss him off and loose a bunch of games.  Stop chasing the shinny thing — Figure out what type of QB you want and recruit them in.  Then work on your team identity.  The NIL money will come with a good plan to sell and some success. 

1 hour ago, Golfman25 said:

Next you’re going to tell me it’s because the cheerleaders wear turtlenecks.  Come on man. 

Some of you are out of touch if you think the spectacle these big schools make of game day doesn't matter to high school kids. It absolutely does. 

Intriguing look at things ... 

I think Tom Brew is a bit of a hack, but these observations are kinda interesting. 

According to this, Bell was enamored of Bazelak from the get-go. And CTA left the call to him. Players wanted Tuttle and apparently, Tuttle was better in practice. This piece also claims what many have said here -- Hiller should've been fired long before he was. 

At the start of yesterday's broadcast, CTA was in front of the team -- going on one if his "inspirational" rants. To me, it just looked as if the players were very uninterested. That rah-rah stuff gets real old, real quick when you're not winning and the team is in turmoil. 

Just a couple years ago, we seemed poised to become a top 25 program. Now, we seem poised to just be a hot mess. 

LEO. 

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/football/tom-brew-my-two-cents-indiana-brutal-football-season-over-so-does-player-exodus-begin?fbclid=IwAR1xUDCNsa4sUO8pz5i_mWTBAIapw1kSVUcM9pIUwMZs-CLphKbzS5mHLGA

3 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

I think Tom Brew is a bit of a hack, but these observations are kinda interesting. 

According to this, Bell was enamored of Bazelak from the get-go. And CTA left the call to him. Players wanted Tuttle and apparently, Tuttle was better in practice. This piece also claims what many have said here -- Hiller should've been fired long before he was. 

At the start of yesterday's broadcast, CTA was in front of the team -- going on one if his "inspirational" rants. To me, it just looked as if the players were very uninterested. That rah-rah stuff gets real old, real quick when you're not winning and the team is in turmoil. 

Just a couple years ago, we seemed poised to become a top 25 program. Now, we seem poised to just be a hot mess. 

LEO. 

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/football/tom-brew-my-two-cents-indiana-brutal-football-season-over-so-does-player-exodus-begin?fbclid=IwAR1xUDCNsa4sUO8pz5i_mWTBAIapw1kSVUcM9pIUwMZs-CLphKbzS5mHLGA

The players sure didn't sound fired up after the speech like they were in 2019-20

6 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

LEO. 

Not to pat myself on the back, but I could dig up my post from a few years back that LEO would get old really fast if we stopped winning.

I also feel like there are very few ADs at big-time schools that that would have staked their job on the LEO culture and why the huge extension wasn’t totally necessary.

No one will be writing articles about LEO this off-season.

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The players sure didn't sound fired up after the speech like they were in 2019-20

I commented in the game thread right after they showed the "speech"...it was truly uncomfortable to watch. Players weren't doing the normal "YEAH", "THIS IS OUR HOUSE" rah rah type of stuff during the speech. It was just him, the camera, and a dead/stale awkwardness. When he was done, it was pretty quiet, and the camera cut away haha. 

4 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

I commented in the game thread right after they showed the "speech"...it was truly uncomfortable to watch. Players weren't doing the normal "YEAH", "THIS IS OUR HOUSE" rah rah type of stuff during the speech. It was just him, the camera, and a dead/stale awkwardness. When he was done, it was pretty quiet, and the camera cut away haha. 

Honestly, this is kind of how they’ve always been. Way too long, not very exciting, and the same recycled material. Postgame win celebrations were always hype, but his pregame sermons have always sucked. 

10 hours ago, HoosierX said:

Not to pat myself on the back, but I could dig up my post from a few years back that LEO would get old really fast if we stopped winning.

I also feel like there are very few ADs at big-time schools that that would have staked their job on the LEO culture and why the huge extension wasn’t totally necessary.

No one will be writing articles about LEO this off-season.

Not to not pat you on the back, but I don't think you're the only person who thinks or has thought this. I would actually guess a majority of people thought this would get old quickly. The rah rah stuff only works in spurts hence why it's not a great motivator or coaching style long term or honestly, for adults. 

15 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Not to not pat you on the back, but I don't think you're the only person who thinks or has thought this. I would actually guess a majority of people thought this would get old quickly. The rah rah stuff only works in spurts hence why it's not a great motivator or coaching style long term or honestly, for adults. 

Did you happen to see his interview at half-time? Honestly, I thought it was kind of embarrassing. The guys in the studio were basically laughing at the way he was speaking. Someone else on here described him as manic, and I think its fitting.

1 hour ago, bigrod said:

Did you happen to see his interview at half-time? Honestly, I thought it was kind of embarrassing. The guys in the studio were basically laughing at the way he was speaking. Someone else on here described him as manic, and I think its fitting.

As goofy as Tom Crean without the big wins.

22 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Some of you are out of touch if you think the spectacle these big schools make of game day doesn't matter to high school kids. It absolutely does. 

On the Bart Simpson scale of 1-10, how much does it matter?  

Once they get to school all the pomp and circumstance is more of a PIA taking focus of your game.  

3 hours ago, bigrod said:

I didn't see it, but I heard about it. I am not a big fan of the overly emotionally stuff because I also think it leads to bad decision making (who to play, what coaches to retain, who to recruit). 

1 hour ago, Golfman25 said:

On the Bart Simpson scale of 1-10, how much does it matter?  

Once they get to school all the pomp and circumstance is more of a PIA taking focus of your game.  

Uhhhh... At least a 7. If you think a crappy and boring atmosphere where you can tell no one cares is going to get a recruit... You're out of touch. Outside of winning, places like Michigan, Ohio State, Bama, Georgia, Tennessee, USC, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Texas etc... It is an event to go to a football game. The show around the show. Indiana's GameDay experience? Boring as hell. Like... It is pathetic. Like oh snap... Couple fog machines, a big rock and seven nation army playing... Oozing excitement.