Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

They Fired Tom Allen!

2 minutes ago, maharkn said:

There will be a lot of teams that will throw big money to get Lucas and Dasan to leave. You have to fire Allen and go after a big name coach. Someone like Sanders could make them stay

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

It appears that Sanders has been offered the Colorado job but don't know why he would take it just like I don't think he would come to IU either. To me a coach from smaller schools needs to be smart on their decisions because you don't go to schools that are career killers.

2 minutes ago, maharkn said:

There will be a lot of teams that will throw big money to get Lucas and Dasan to leave. You have to fire Allen and go after a big name coach. Someone like Sanders could make them stay

Deion?? I’ll have some of whatever you’re smoking

From my vantage point there's nothing about IU football right now, other than being in the B1G, that would attract a good, never mind great, coach. History says this is not a destination to a better job. I don't know what it would take to turn this program around. I've been watching for over 60 years and have seen many coaches try. But outside of a few good years here and there, they all have largely failed.

1 hour ago, maharkn said:

Do you really think Deion would ever consider coming here. Cause he wouldn't 

28 minutes ago, maharkn said:

Money talks.

What money is available? IU had to beg donors to just fire the OC last season, replace him with a runoff at Umass. IU really have money to buy out Allen then pry Deion away?

Something to envision in the new college football video game which looks more likely for 2024

43 minutes ago, maharkn said:

Money talks.

Would IU donors really want to pay as much as needed to make Allen go away, then follow it up with the money it'd take to get Sanders to listen to a program that's historically pathetic?  That's just the HC spot too, there'd still need to be money for coordinators.

IUFB is in a very tough spot.

We won’t be able to land a big name but we can land someone better than Tom Allen (which wouldn’t be very hard). The rest of the league is loading up. Nebraska a couple days ago. Wisconsin now. We’re going to cement our spot at the bottom of the conference if we don’t make a move. Dolson needs to do something. 

20 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We won’t be able to land a big name but we can land someone better than Tom Allen (which wouldn’t be very hard). The rest of the league is loading up. Nebraska a couple days ago. Wisconsin now. We’re going to cement our spot at the bottom of the conference if we don’t make a move. Dolson needs to do something. 

We cemented our spot at the bottom a long time ago!

Screenshot_20221127_122547_Chrome.jpg

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

You'd at least have to try. I know people are scared c of being a stepping stone job, but that just means we are winning. 

Don't put words in my mouth. There is zero chance Deion would come here. They can try. He;d laugh and hang up

4 hours ago, maharkn said:

Money talks.

1) IU is not gonna buy out CTA then go out and give a big pay day to a big name coach

2) IU commits money to the basketball program, they seemingly don't have the interest to dedicate the same to the football program. Look at how schools like Alabama, OSU, Michigan, USC, Texas A&M,  etc treat game day. They are events, At IU its just a game, there are no theatrics. Kids like that stuff. You are literally competing at a disadvantage at every level with IU football.

3) Unless something changes with the AD and more importantly where the money is coming/where they want the money going to this is a deeper issue than the head coach. I do not want CTA here anymore. But, people act like just throwing money at a coach is gonna fix it. This university isn't dedicated to having a competitive football program cause it is so easy for them to make a profit. The difference of their dedication to the basketball program and football is immense 

Edited by KingPG21
I lost my ability to type when typing my last sentence

15 minutes ago, Demo said:

Putting aside the obvious fact that an established top guy is never, ever coming to IU, here’s the going rate for top guys.

Yeah, IU would never pay that for a FB coach.  Especially not if we had to pay double that just to make a bad one go away.

56 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

2) IU commits money to the basketball program, they seemingly don't have the interest to dedicate the same to the football program. Look at how schools like Alabama, OSU, Michigan, USC, Texas A&M,  etc treat game day. They are events, At IU its just a game, there are no theatrics. Kids like that stuff. You are literally competing at a disadvantage at every level with IU football.

Next you’re going to tell me it’s because the cheerleaders wear turtlenecks.  Come on man.