Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

They Fired Tom Allen!

On 11/17/2022 at 6:54 PM, J34 said:

The NIL for IU football is a double edged sword. The lack of success and bad decision making, will be hard for someone to make a big investment in the program. Yet, IUFB needs the money to keep up with the middle of the pack. The division breakdown is one other problem we have to deal with. 

Indiana will forever be stuck in the "Chicken and Egg" cycle; people will complain about how they need X, Y, and Z in order to compete, but they have to start competing before they have the right to be given X, Y, and Z.  It's the argument that they have to earn their way to success in order to have the basic amenities other programs in the league are granted to show they are serious about the sport.

But in Allen's case, I wish he wouldn't compare Indiana to the top programs in the Big Ten.  We need to associate ourselves with the middle of the pack, as in order for us to have success, we need to be able to compete and regularly defeat those teams if we are to build a resume to justify the kind of investments to take on the elite schools.  It isn't glamorous to say "we should beat Rutgers every year" cause you want to assume you already are able to do that.  We're Indiana!  But, that kind of malaise can allow Rutgers to beat us 6, if not 7, times a decade if we played them 10 times if we stay pat with this current attitude.

Just now, NashvilleHoosier said:

Cmon man we wouldn’t seriously be looking at a NASCAR driver to coach our football team!! He’s an Indycar driver!!

Well…he thankfully had the self awareness to realize he’s a horrific road/street racer, bought into Petty Racing, and is going back to NASCAR part time lol. Still think he’s running the 500 though. 

4 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Well…he thankfully had the self awareness to realize he’s a horrific road/street racer, bought into Petty Racing, and is going back to NASCAR part time lol. Still think he’s running the 500 though. 

Ah, well, how about that. What do I know, I’m a formula 1 guy so legally I’m required to turn my nose up at other Motorsport, so I do. 

15 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Here's hoping this is the final game Tom Allen coaches, but we all know that ain't happening.

Yeah, no chance. This talk of him possibly taking a reduced buyout is magical thinking. Seems like the real question is what would constitute a successful offseason? I’m not even talking about generating optimism. There’s no way to do it. But what can they do to keep the fanbase at least mildly interested in checking out the product? ‘Cause, man, if Lucas and McCullough hit the portal, and why wouldn’t they, what would there be to care about?

17 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

IU has paid Allen enough to live comfortably let’s hope one of the rumors is true and he steps down with a reduced buyout.

His heart was looking good running up and down the sideline. I'd like to see IU move on but hope nothing is really wrong health wise.

Just now, Demo said:

Yeah, no chance. This talk of him possibly taking a reduced buyout is magical thinking. Seems like the real question is what would constitute a successful offseason? I’m not even talking about generating optimism. There’s no way to do it. But what can they do to keep the fanbase at least mildly interested in checking out the product? ‘Cause, man, if Lucas and McCullough hit the portal, and why wouldn’t they, what would there be to care about?

If Lucas and McCullough don't hit the portal what is there to talk about? A player or two isn't going to overcome the situation we're in with CTA leading the way.

1 minute ago, Demo said:

But what can they do to keep the fanbase at least mildly interested in checking out the product? ‘Cause, man, if Lucas and McCullough hit the portal, and why wouldn’t they, what would there be to care about?

The only thing that keeps me in any way interested in IUF during this offseason is to get rid of Allen. That's not happening. At least this train wreck of season is over. 9 more months before we start what will most likely be another 2-3 win season and that much closer to a buyout IU might be willing to pay.

We’ve seen enough. Allen has got to go. Time to get the next victim in as IU Head football coach and let him fizzle in 4 to 5 years.
Will the circle ever be unbroken?

So why fire him then? IUF has been cursed since the invention of fire.

Hell I do not even think Bill Belichick would be able to change anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The past 10 records of South Alabama.
We already missed out on DeBoer. 
Kane Wommack -- come on home!!! ... Dude is 35 years old. 

2013    6-6
2014    6-7
2015    5-7
2016    6-7
2017    4-8
2018    3-9
2019    2-10
2020    4-7
2021    5-7     Kane Wommack
2022    10-2   Kane Wommack

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

The past 10 records of South Alabama.
We already missed out on DeBoer. 
Kane Wommack -- come on home!!! ... Dude is 35 years old. 

2013    6-6
2014    6-7
2015    5-7
2016    6-7
2017    4-8
2018    3-9
2019    2-10
2020    4-7
2021    5-7     Kane Wommack
2022    10-2   Kane Wommack

So we complain about giving Allen an extension after two descent seasons and you want to hire a coach with 1 winning season in year two.

This program has ZERO momentum going for it at the moment. I don’t see that changing. There’s no big time recruits coming to save the day, NIL money is there for basketball, not football. There’s maybe two exciting prospects on this team. There’s no QB coming to save the day, especially on this current roster. 

A buy-out seems highly unlikely. Boosters care for the basketball program but do they care about the football program? Look how long it took to close the End-Zone. 

I’m afraid these next two years will continue to set the program back even deeper into the hole. I expect to see some transfers coming shortly. 

It’s time to move on but there’s over $20 million dollars between a decision right now. 

1 minute ago, Trish said:

This program has ZERO momentum going for it at the moment. I don’t see that changing. There’s no big time recruits coming to save the day, NIL money is there for basketball, not football. There’s maybe two exciting prospects on this team. There’s no QB coming to save the day, especially on this current roster. 

A buy-out seems highly unlikely. Boosters care for the basketball program but do they care about the football program? Look how long it took to close the End-Zone. 

I’m afraid these next two years will continue to set the program back even deeper into the hole. I expect to see some transfers coming shortly. 

It’s time to move on but there’s over $20 million dollars between a decision right now. 

We did get a million dollar donations for football NIL

There will be a lot of teams that will throw big money to get Lucas and Dasan to leave. You have to fire Allen and go after a big name coach. Someone like Sanders could make them stay

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk