Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

They Fired Tom Allen!

No HC would ever take a demotion to a coordinator at the same school

Yeah, true. Tom Allen is an interesting guy. I don’t care what he does. I like him. I think DC is probably where he belongs somewhere.

Give me Randle El and let’s see if he can at least make things interesting/entertaining.

Answer, without some Dudes, it doesn’t matter.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Would we even want to keep Allen as DC?  As bad as the offense is, the defensive rankings are even worse, with more talent on that side of the ball.  No player development whatsoever.

Yeah, probably not, but I like the guy and he likes Indiana. I think he can be a good DC if focused on it. It’s not realistic talk, I realize that.

Didn’t want him to fail after the 2020 energy.

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, true. Tom Allen is an interesting guy. I don’t care what he does. I like him. I think DC is probably where he belongs somewhere.

Give me Randle El and let’s see if he can at least make things interesting/entertaining.

Answer, without some Dudes, it doesn’t matter.

Can't take a chance on a guy with no HC experience and never been a coach in College.

On 11/7/2022 at 8:21 AM, Chris007 said:

I've heard some talk that CTA might talk to the administration about a negotiated buyout much lower than the 25 million due to some health reasons. Heart problems run in the Allen family and this season has not been good for Allen. Not sure if it's true or not but I did hear that at the end of last week. 

This is pretty huge news if true. 

On 11/7/2022 at 8:21 AM, Chris007 said:

I've heard some talk that CTA might talk to the administration about a negotiated buyout much lower than the 25 million due to some health reasons. Heart problems run in the Allen family and this season has not been good for Allen. Not sure if it's true or not but I did hear that at the end of last week. 

Man, I really hope that's just a rumor about his health. And if it isn't I'm sending him all the positive vibes I got. 

2 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Man, I really hope that's just a rumor about his health. And if it isn't I'm sending him all the positive vibes I got. 

I know that heart problems run in his family, his dad and my FIL had heart surgery at the same time with the same doctor. So I think their worried about what all the stress would do down the road to his health. Take the money and walk away. 

27 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I know that heart problems run in his family, his dad and my FIL had heart surgery at the same time with the same doctor. So I think their worried about what all the stress would do down the road to his health. Take the money and walk away. 

That’s some kind of doctor to perform surgery on two patients at once

4 hours ago, kreigh8 said:

That’s some kind of doctor to perform surgery on two patients at once

Ah, I'm 4 hours too late opening this thread, I see. You beat me to it.

8 minutes ago, Joe_hoopsier said:

Its only embarrassing, if you expected something different. Seriously, what was your expectation?

I didn’t expect us to be the worst team in the Big 10 two straight seasons. Yet here we are. That’s embarrassing.  

10 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I didn’t expect us to be the worst team in the Big 10 two straight seasons. Yet here we are. That’s embarrassing.  

What were your expectations?