Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

They Fired Tom Allen!

We'll see if Dolson is willing to own his mistake(s). I bought into the hype as LEO was growing as many of us did, and we had our remarkable season which ended in a VERY poor coaching decision that cost us a bowl win. That said, it's over and we're headed down a very dark path. If you think this year feels bad, wait until next year...and the year after...with very limited recruits coming in and likely a flood of players entering the portal. We won't win a single B1G game next year. Tell me I'm wrong.

IU Football has been a great love of mine since I was young. We always had season tickets and drove from 3.5 hours away for every home game. I'm 44, so I got to see some great years with AT and Randel El coming to mind. But that's not who Indiana Football is now. Very simply stated, we're cheap. We seem to think it's ok to remain a true loser program, yet there's a major disconnect. First, the fans don't like it at all - they're/we're fed up. And second, we're leaving SO much revenue on the table by being a bottom-feeding program. Step up, pay for a proven winner and fix it. Get your guy, pay him big for 3 years then re-up BIG. Go find a former NFL player and/or proven coach that can speak to recruits, and don't put a cap on his recruiting budget. Deion Sanders. Urban Meyer (red flags, I know, but if given the opportunity...) or someone with a similar profile. Then, look back at how much more financially stable the entire athletic program is. This is not an opinion. We need to quit this nonsense with embracing being losers. I'm cranky! Feedback is welcome if you support my logic! HA~!

1 hour ago, IU-DL said:

We'll see if Dolson is willing to own his mistake(s). I bought into the hype as LEO was growing as many of us did, and we had our remarkable season which ended in a VERY poor coaching decision that cost us a bowl win. That said, it's over and we're headed down a very dark path. If you think this year feels bad, wait until next year...and the year after...with very limited recruits coming in and likely a flood of players entering the portal. We won't win a single B1G game next year. Tell me I'm wrong.

IU Football has been a great love of mine since I was young. We always had season tickets and drove from 3.5 hours away for every home game. I'm 44, so I got to see some great years with AT and Randel El coming to mind. But that's not who Indiana Football is now. Very simply stated, we're cheap. We seem to think it's ok to remain a true loser program, yet there's a major disconnect. First, the fans don't like it at all - they're/we're fed up. And second, we're leaving SO much revenue on the table by being a bottom-feeding program. Step up, pay for a proven winner and fix it. Get your guy, pay him big for 3 years then re-up BIG. Go find a former NFL player and/or proven coach that can speak to recruits, and don't put a cap on his recruiting budget. Deion Sanders. Urban Meyer (red flags, I know, but if given the opportunity...) or someone with a similar profile. Then, look back at how much more financially stable the entire athletic program is. This is not an opinion. We need to quit this nonsense with embracing being losers. I'm cranky! Feedback is welcome if you support my logic! HA~!

I don't know how anyone can argue with your logic. IU Football is where it is because the administration and fans allow it. Getting out of it what we put in....very little. 

I don't expect to unseat O$U and frankly, I'd be very content with 7-5/8-4 teams IF the basketball program is elite. 

21 minutes ago, J34 said:

In no way is this a defense of CTA, but IU football hasn't had a coach with a winning record since Bo McMillan (1934-1947). 

Allen is not the answer, but I don't know who is!

Screenshot_20221106-150309_Chrome.jpg

This is great context!

1) we REALLY suck

2) anyone pining for Wilson? take note—he was actually worse thanLynch or Cam Cameron for crissakes 

25 minutes ago, J34 said:

In no way is this a defense of CTA, but IU football hasn't had a coach with a winning record since Bo McMillan (1934-1947). 

Yeah, IUFB has a long history of being inept.  It wouldn't be easy to turn around.  We'd almost have to hire an up and comer, and anyone that shows an ability to win here is going to have bigger programs after him; granted that means some success to try and build off of.

3 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Yeah, IUFB has a long history of being inept.  It wouldn't be easy to turn around.  We'd almost have to hire an up and comer, and anyone that shows an ability to win here is going to have bigger programs after him; granted that means some success to try and build off of.

I think the only way to turn it around is to spend big bucks on an established name. Someone recruits would be willing to trust to turn IU into a good team. Of course, that won't happen for multiple reasons. First and foremost is that IU is cheap and wouldn't be willing to do that. The other problem would be whether or not anyone of that stature would be willing to come to IU. Maybe Dolson could appeal to their egos along with their wallets.

IU"s history of football HC "searches" has been a joke so just having a competent search which even looks at up and comers would be an improvement. 

3 hours ago, IU-DL said:

Agree on AT, don't believe Randle El ever had a winning record at IU.

38 minutes ago, J34 said:

I'd say it's pretty obvious. 

The answer: Bo McMillan! 

Bo McMillin (1895-1952) - Find a Grave Memorial

In the unlikely event a move is made any time soon I do believe we could at least get someone that could meet and sustain the minimal expectations of IU football.  They are out there.  I think there are three categories we could realistically look to:

G5 Head Coach w/ Upside

• Jason Candle - 51-30 record at Toledo and could probably recruit the Indiana/Ohio area decently
  • Jamey Chadwell - Probably not coming but I'd call
  • Sean Lewis - Record at Kent St isn't great but playing Wash, OK, and UGA in non-con will make it that way.  Played UGA tough too.
  • Kane Wommack - We all know the story on this one
  • Tyson Helton - Borhm disciple (yuck) but if we want offense he can bring it 

IU Guy Approach

• Justin Frye - Best remedy for bad O-line play.  
  • Antwaan Randle El - A reach for college HC but you never know.  Would be good for WR development, would be more likely to stay if successful, and could probably recruit despite inexperience (especially offense).  Deion Sanders didn't have any experience prior to Jackson St either. 

Former Big Job Coach Working Their Way Back

• Manny Diaz - Thought he was actually doing ok at Miami and got ran out.  Lost three games by a total of 8 pts and to 11-win MSU as well as Bama last year and that got him fired.  Doing a pretty nice job as PSU DC.
  • Clay Helton - Won a Pac 12 title and can beat Nebraska w/ a Sun Belt team.  That's good enough for me.

2 hours ago, J34 said:

This represents every IU coach I remember and the only person on this list that left for another head coaching job is Sam Wyche.  IU is the Siberia of college football coaching jobs.  

8 minutes ago, nerdvana said:

This represents every IU coach I remember

I remember John Pont, who took IU to a Rose Bowl in 1967.  Pont coached immediately before Corso and he had losing record over his 8 years--31-51 (.380). No Indiana coach has had a winning record since Bob McMillin when he was there from 1934-47.

This represents every IU coach I remember and the only person on this list that left for another head coaching job is Sam Wyche.  IU is the Siberia of college football coaching jobs.  

Yeah, it doesn’t really matter who’s in the driver seat at IU.

IUFB is prime example that talent wins GENERALLY.

Every sport I’ve been involved in. Best players generally win. Coaches have an impact, but players win. Best coaches get the best players.

So, how do we solve this conundrum at Indiana?

From above post. My opinion is, bring in Antwan Randle El because I love him. Try to keep Tom Allen as D Coordinator. See if Cuban/etc will help substantiate a NIL product to get at least Mid B1G level talent.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, craigyv88 said:

Jamey Chadwell - Probably not coming but I'd call

I’d actually be curious to see what a gimmicky (for lack of better word) offense like his could do here. It’s not quite going full Paul Johnson triple option, but it definitely isn’t a run of the mill system.  We’d be annoying to play against at the very least. 

7 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I’d actually be curious to see what a gimmicky (for lack of better word) offense like his could do here. It’s not quite going full Paul Johnson triple option, but it definitely isn’t a run of the mill system.  We’d be annoying to play against at the very least. 

We’re not gonna scare anyone.

I’d settle for annoying them.

42 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Every sport I’ve been involved in. Best players generally win. Coaches have an impact, but players win. Best coaches get the best players.

From above post. My opinion is, bring in Antwan Randle El because I love him. Try to keep Tom Allen as D Coordinator. See if Cuban/etc will help substantiate a NIL product to get at least Mid B1G level talent.

Would we even want to keep Allen as DC?  As bad as the offense is, the defensive rankings are even worse, with more talent on that side of the ball.  No player development whatsoever.

59 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

No HC would ever take a demotion to a coordinator at the same school