Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

They Fired Tom Allen!

6 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Dunno but we should be getting enough money to have Purdue or NW level success

Agree 100% with this. Maybe we can't be top 4 or5 in the conference, but there are plenty of programs that we should be able to be better than. I've never understood how Northwestern with their academic standards could possibly be better than us in football. Doesn't seem possible and yet it is.

Agree 100% with this. Maybe we can't be top 4 or5 in the conference, but there are plenty of programs that we should be able to be better than. I've never understood how Northwestern with their academic standards could possibly be better than us in football. Doesn't seem possible and yet it is.

Yep, Purdue should be our benchmark. Be better than Purdue consistently and we’d be mostly happy as a fanbase I bet. Not too high of a standard, and little reason we can’t aim realistically for that.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

Isn't the B1G network air-dropping pallets of cash on each member school every day? Not being snarky, I guess my question is how can IU not have enough money? On the one hand "we have to have all the schools in our conference for the TV $$'s!" on the other "we're too poor to buy out our coach."  Is Dolson using it all on hookers and coke? 

We will always have less money than the top big ten teams. Just look at game day revenue and we make half what teams with 100,000 seats make. I would bet those schools get a lot more donor money going to be he football program than we do. Only thing that is even is the TV money.

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We will always have less money than the top big ten teams. Just look at game day revenue and we make half what teams with 100,000 seats make. I would bet those schools get a lot more donor money going to be he football program than we do. Only thing that is even is the TV money.

You are correct, but that doesn't mean we can't compete with the rest of the conference. I'm willing to concede the top five are out of our reach, but we should be gunning for everyone else. No reason that they should be kicking our butts year in and year out. I don't see a reason for it and, frankly, I'm beyond tired of it.

Coy Cronk OL leaves R Taylor leaves, assistant coaches gone, Tuttle in portal (that’s 2 IU captains…Cronk, Tuttle);  Penix and DeBoer at Washington as Penix walks on or off field saying…thanking fans and going to bring home a W and not LEO but rather “go Dogs.”

10 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

B1G is keeping divisions for one more year before the LA teams join.

See: things aren't gonna get any easier any time soon.

Look at the bright side, IU will FINALLY play in the Rose Bowl again! 

Besides, wouldn't you rather get blown out in LA than in Happy Valley or Iowa City? 

On 10/23/2022 at 6:41 PM, IU Scott said:

I can concede your point, but we are barely a top 100 team in the country right now. And our resources, especially moving forward, far  exceed at least half of them.

2 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Does Purdue have more money than us? I wouldn’t trade facilities with them so what’s the difference? 

Fair point. Or how about Iowa State? Ames, IA makes W. Lafayette look cosmopolitan. They've still managed to be competitive lately. Plenty of other examples too. Playing in the East division sucks, but I guess the idea is IU still isn't getting much bang for the B1G buck. 

3 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Does Purdue have more money than us? I wouldn’t trade facilities with them so what’s the difference? 

Purdue’s football facilities are miles better than ours. 

3 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Nothing groundbreaking, but a nice summarizing read from PJP as we head into Penn State week.

https://puntjohnpunt.com/2022/10/31/686-days/

"On December 6, 2020, none of us would have seen the current situation coming, even if we figured the 2020 level of success wasn’t sustainable." 

That's not really true. Some didn't believe, even then, that Allen was a good coach who could continue the success he found in those extreme circumstances. I'm not at all surprised we're were we're at.

5 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

"On December 6, 2020, none of us would have seen the current situation coming, even if we figured the 2020 level of success wasn’t sustainable." 

That's not really true. Some didn't believe, even then, that Allen was a good coach who could continue the success he found in those extreme circumstances. I'm not at all surprised we're were we're at.

Do those people get some sort of an award? 

And to the bold, this is a regular IU season, or at least it has been very commonplace in my lifetime. The back-to-back Jan bowl appearances, however, weren't.