Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

They Fired Tom Allen!

Sucks it has come to this after 2020. There’s going to be mass transfers here in a couple months. There’s no energy within the program. 

Dolson needs to start building a short list for 2024. I don’t see boosters buying this contract out. 

I'll always appreciate the success we had in 2019 and 2020, but it's very clear by this point that he simply doesn't have the chops to coach at this level. 

I know his buyout is fully guaranteed for 2 more years, but I can't see him lasting that long. You just can't keep someone around for that much longer when things get this bad. 

I suppose we could start throwing around some names of poor souls who could want to risk career suicide by taking over this mess. 

Why are people so insistent that IU won't buy him out?  We heard the same thing for Archie Miller's buyout and that happened.  Now I see some of the same posters making the same claims.  Freaking broken records.

Let's make a deal.  When we buy Allen out, some of you can never talk about contracts again.  Deal?

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Why are people so insistent that IU won't buy him out?  We heard the same thing for Archie Miller's buyout and that happened.  Now I see some of the same posters making the same claims.  Freaking broken records.

Let's make a deal.  When we buy Allen out, some of you can never talk about contracts again.  Deal?

Well, Indiana Basketball is Indiana Basketball. 

Do boosters or Mr. Cook care about Indiana Football? Especially if Indiana Basketball is good this year, why not invest their money into mens basketball and forget about IU Football?  

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

Because losing is in IUFB’s DNA. First program to 700 losses. Good luck finding donors willing to pay $25 million to buy him out. IU basketball at least can be a national program. There’s hope with buying our basketball coach out. There’s none of that with IUFB. 

4 minutes ago, Trish said:

Well, Indiana Basketball is Indiana Basketball. 

Do boosters or Mr. Cook care about Indiana Football? Especially if Indiana Basketball is good this year, why not invest their money into mens basketball and forget about IU Football?  

You must have known I was mentioning you as one.  You said no less than 30 times that we would never buy out Archie Miller.  Now you're singing the same song?

Jeez man.

I agree Allen isn’t the guy. He’s pretty much finished. At the same time, until IUFB gets any institutional support and we start acting like we care about football, nothing will change. We’ll just be a revolving door of coaches with an occasional 6-6 season here or there. Our admin at IU is seriously one of the worst in the entire country. It’s infuriating

9 minutes ago, Josh said:

You must have known I was mentioning you as one.  You said no less than 30 times that we would never buy out Archie Miller.  Now you're singing the same song?

Jeez man.

You have some serious anger issues, relax. Indiana Basketball is not the same as Indiana Football. 

guess I am bored and frustrated with IU football so I went back to 1970 which is the year I was born. I figured the record for each decade and it is not pretty. 

70's 36-72-1 1 winning season

80's 49-64-2 3 winning seasons

90's 47-64-2 4 winning seasons

00's 39-78 1 winning seasons

10's 49-74 1 winning seasons

20's 11-17 1 winning seasons 

12 bowl games 

Also I didn't count .500 record as a winning season 

31 minutes ago, VO5 said:

I agree Allen isn’t the guy. He’s pretty much finished. At the same time, until IUFB gets any institutional support and we start acting like we care about football, nothing will change. We’ll just be a revolving door of coaches with an occasional 6-6 season here or there. Our admin at IU is seriously one of the worst in the entire country. It’s infuriating

I’m asking this of everyone who says this….what exactly do you want “the administration” to do?  If it’s spend more money, how much money spent on what?  If it’s more than just spending money, what specifically are you talking about?

We need an experience head coach and not some hot coordinator. Talk to Gary Patterson, former TCU coach who is on the Texas staff as consultant. Talk to Bill O,Brien for PSU and Texans HC who is OC at Alabama. Maybe even Paul Cyrst who got some ready was let go at UW.

10 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

I’m asking this of everyone who says this….what exactly do you want “the administration” to do?  If it’s spend more money, how much money spent on what?  If it’s more than just spending money, what specifically are you talking about?

I would assume they are talking about Assistant coaching salaries to get better coordinators.  I think they want a football only football training and weightlifting facilities. Probably want IU to go out and get a head coach with some experience than just hiring and assistant coach. They probably need new practice facilities. Probably want a bigger recruiting budget. Probably need to promote the football program more.

I thought that Kevin Wilson was our best shot at building a program. Look at how that turned out. As bad as this is now, I believe there are darker days coming. I wanted to believe in CTA, but it has become apparent that he is not the answer. Maybe no one is. Maybe IU football will always only be a parking lot party until basketball starts.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would assume they are talking about Assistant coaching salaries to get better coordinators.  I think they want a football only football training and weightlifting facilities. Probably want IU to go out and get a head coach with some experience than just hiring and assistant coach. They probably need new practice facilities. Probably want a bigger recruiting budget. Probably need to promote the football program more.

So, according to what you are saying, they want to spend A LOT more money on basically facilities and coaches salaries.  So my follow up question to that is where is this money going to come from?  Are we not currently spending all of our athletic department income?  If we are, and I’m sure we are, are the people who want a ton more spending willing to put some skin in the game so we have more money to spend?